Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Clear, lightening sky with the last stars glowing in the dawn.. The sun will be rising over tge trees at the bottom of the garden soon...

Apologies @tyred (Want a photo? ☺️)

I haven't got a TV sun.

Incidentally, have PayPal changed their security system? I tried to order Marmite supplies, and they said they were sending a code to my phone, but nothing came. Has anyone else had this problem? Are they insisting on a App or something?

For some things I have had to enter a code which went to our phone .

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Incidentally, have PayPal changed their security system? I tried to order Marmite supplies, and they said they were sending a code to my phone, but nothing came. Has anyone else had this problem? Are they insisting on a App or something?

Didn't have to do that yesterday when I paid by PayPal.
Greek yoghurt, blackberries and mixed cereal for breakfast

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still windy but not as bad as yesterday and not currently raining.
No ferry cancellations so far.
FB is more interesting this morning. Somebody wants to join the local group page. Told only allowed if no otter pictures and no sea eagle taking a fish pictures. In fact no touroid type snaps at all.
Somebody else asks about a family history which brings out some interesting tales. The bank van stopped at Dervaig and the female clerk got a cup of tea brought out but the driver went to see a relative and always came back "refreshed" :whistle:
The Glasgow train from Oban is delayed by trees down on the line and passengers heading to Oban will be abandoned at Dalmally as the railway company cannot find a bus for the final part of the journey.
Once my wife was heading by train to Dumbarton and the journey from Garelochhead was at walking pace with two men walking in front of the train with chainsaws. Probably elfin safety would not allow that now.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it looks like being quite a nice dry & warm day. Plenty to do today as part of yesterday's quick getaway from Silverstone was just throwing everything onto the back seats so the brolly, portable chair & waterproofs need to be properly packed away. Also the solar trickle charger needs to be connected and the bike retrieved from the boot as I didn't get round to doing that when I got home. Then there's getting the food & drink in for home and work for the week (especially coffee for work) and a visit to Specsavers as I've not heard from them regarding the new glasses ordered after my eye test over two weeks ago. And any domestics that need doing.

I think the best preparation for what lies ahead is a second cuppa.

Top Bottom