Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1000030753.png

@biggs682 Can't do that route... All good fun.. đź‘Ť

Mike_P

Guru
Raining, not meant to be :angry:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Chez Casa Reynard, I *am* the soup maker. Armed with a large saucepan and a stick blender.

Thai inspired carrot, sweet potato & red lentil currently on the go here, made with coconut milk and some red curry paste from a tub I bought in the little oriental shop in town. Packs a punch, but it's sublime comfort food. :hungry:

Your soup would probably not work in a soup maker as it would stick to the heating surface and you would end up decanting the lot into a pan anyway. You are left with a task of getting the burnt stuff off by methods the instruction manual tells you not to use. Don't ask how I know. :sad:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Sunny day with light wind so probably out on trike later.
Hand wash done and waiting to go out to dry. This only takes about half an hour to do so long as there is plenty hot water and a spin dryer.
Waiting on the plumber who is going to check the washing machine pipework in case it has been kinked which could have caused to pump failure. Will he admit it if that is the case tho'?
GP said he would chase up my prospective heart valve replacement. I have some trepidation about the whole thing.
If not replaced it will kill me and if replaced I reckon I have a 50% chance of surviving the procedure.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Chez Casa Reynard, I *am* the soup maker. Armed with a large saucepan and a stick blender.

Thai inspired carrot, sweet potato & red lentil currently on the go here, made with coconut milk and some red curry paste from a tub I bought in the little oriental shop in town. Packs a punch, but it's sublime comfort food. :hungry:

I do like soup and have a Bosch Stick Blender. I also have a six year old Granddaughter, your comment has got me thinking that I can now be " The Stick Man " as in the Julia Donaldson book. ( I was going to suggest to Mrs TKK that she could be the Soup Dragon as in the Clangers, but with age comes wisdom...)

classic33

Leg End Member
Sunny day with light wind so probably out on trike later.
Hand wash done and waiting to go out to dry. This only takes about half an hour to do so long as there is plenty hot water and a spin dryer.
Waiting on the plumber who is going to check the washing machine pipework in case it has been kinked which could have caused to pump failure. Will he admit it if that is the case tho'?
GP said he would chase up my prospective heart valve replacement. I have some trepidation about the whole thing.
If not replaced it will kill me and if replaced I reckon I have a 50% chance of surviving the procedure.
It might just be the extension that was added to the previous one that did the damage.

gbb

Squire
I well remember things like that. We had a boiler for water on wash days which was out in the Wash House the back of the house. There was also a wringer and double sink. I sometimes had a turn at operation the wringer.

Me too. Early /mid 1960s, RAF family in quarters, most young people now would baulk at the lack of aids around the house. I remember a wringer ( a mangle ? ), having 'baths' in the sink, even an outside loo, plus a coke boiler in the kitchen that would strip your skin off if you touched it.
RAF ( and probably all military) houses back then we're cold holes, very basic.

D

Deleted member 1258

Me too. Early /mid 1960s, RAF family in quarters, most young people now would baulk at the lack of aids around the house. I remember a wringer ( a mangle ? ), having 'baths' in the sink, even an outside loo, plus a coke boiler in the kitchen that would strip your skin off if you touched it.
RAF ( and probably all military) houses back then we're cold holes, very basic.

Council house in the 1950's, mangle in the passage way alongside the house, boiler under the sink to boil whites with, Monday was wash day, family washing done by my Mum by hand, coal fires and only the back room heated in winter, the exception was Christmas day and boxing day, the front room was heated and used on those two days, the rest of the time it was the best room and only used for special occasions, lino on the floor, ice on the inside of the bedroom windows when you got up on a winters morning.

Mike_P

Guru
Well the rain died out as soon as I drove to Waitrose. Decided to walk to the big M&S as I had a 15% off Sparks voucher on shoes. but any which would not crush my overall wide toes were not in my size. Foodhall useless as usual so after Waitrose pondered going home and using the ebike to the Simply Food but then remembered I need to charge the battery. Was hoping iced buns might count as cake, having a Sparks voucher, but no discount given. Then at the till I completely forgot the gift card on the mobile :banghead:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Hello from Silverstone - eventually.
@Jenkins The A43 is shut from 15a to the A5. Probably all weekend wouldn't surprise me!

Can you get of at j15a ?
If me I would go straight across j14 then right just before Roade into Blisworrh and pick up the A43 by keeping left once you get into the village
Turns out it's a full weekend closure from Northampton to Towcester, not just down to one lane as it has been. I took a punt on this and went across country to Milton Keynes and then the A421 & A5 to Towcester. Two and a half hours to do what normally takes just over two.

Weather's dry & warm and I'm currently at Maggots waiting for the 2nd practice for the Touring Cars.

Top Bottom