Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Are you trying to say Leeds is expensive?

I'm vetoing Leeds for a couple of months more because the council gave me a fine without right to appeal, because the initial letter was not sent out/not delivered. At £180 for a badly signed road diversion dumping me in a bus lane, yes, Leeds is expensive. A 6-month veto feels about right.

tyred

Legendary Member
I was a volunteer steward at the culture

IMG_20230922_181120.jpg
night events in the local park. Very impressed with the chock applied to a 40' trailer that the band were playing in.

I'm sure the health and safety man would approve...

Just bought a soup maker so home made soup on the menu tonight

Chez Casa Reynard, I *am* the soup maker. Armed with a large saucepan and a stick blender.

Thai inspired carrot, sweet potato & red lentil currently on the go here, made with coconut milk and some red curry paste from a tub I bought in the little oriental shop in town. Packs a punch, but it's sublime comfort food. :hungry:

Inspired by the announcement that a building firm won't be upholding it's promise of 'affordable housing' in a new development because apparently it's not cost effective, I wonder what is the actual criteria to qualify for 'affordable housing' and how is it proven - ? :whistle:

I think it must be down to how many yachts you have ? :whistle:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a chilly but sunny Suffolk. It's way too early to be up and about for a Saturday, but needs must. Coffee has nearly been drunk, breakfast has been scoffed and I should be on my way in the next 15 minutes or so. It appears that there's a complete closure of the A43 at the M1 junction 15a interchange where yet another massive warehouse is being built so an alterrnative route needs to be found.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Good morning from a chilly but sunny Suffolk. It's way too early to be up and about for a Saturday, but needs must. Coffee has nearly been drunk, breakfast has been scoffed and I should be on my way in the next 15 minutes or so. It appears that there's a complete closure of the A43 at the M1 junction 15a interchange where yet another massive warehouse is being built so an alterrnative route needs to be found.
Can you get of at j15a ?
If me I would go straight across j14 then right just before Roade into Blisworrh and pick up the A43 by keeping left once you get into the village

Top Bottom