Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Inspired by the announcement that a building firm won't be upholding it's promise of 'affordable housing' in a new development because apparently it's not cost effective, I wonder what is the actual criteria to qualify for 'affordable housing' and how is it proven - ? :whistle:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And that's another night away booked. For the price of just a hotel room in Leeds on the Saturday night, I can get a ticket to see the same band in Manchester on the Sunday, a hotel and breakfast and the return train trip.

I've also been looking at a Saturday night in Leicester for another band and wondering why my preferred hotel hasn't got any rooms available - now I've checked the map, it turns out that it's directly across from the King Power Stadium and there's a home match on!

Had a lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with pate, one with cream cheese, then an apple, an orange and the obligatory two :cuppa:

Did a bit of writing, and then toddled off to pick up the parental's prescription. You bet I masked up. It's better than inhaling other people's lurgis. After that, I went walnutting on my way home. I have a third of a basket of walnuts. Will probably have the same again the next time I go, but that'll be it from there. The crop is not very good this year.

Soup and homemade blueberry pancakes for supper while watching England ladies play the Auld Enemy.

Now just having a nice relaxing evening.

Mike_P

Guru
Inspired by the announcement that a building firm won't be upholding it's promise of 'affordable housing' in a new development because apparently it's not cost effective, I wonder what is the actual criteria to qualify for 'affordable housing' and how is it proven - ? :whistle:

Sounds strange. Affordable housing is normally the subject of a legal agreement as to when they are provided and transferred to a housing association or similar.

classic33

Leg End Member
And that's another night away booked. For the price of just a hotel room in Leeds on the Saturday night, I can get a ticket to see the same band in Manchester on the Sunday, a hotel and breakfast and the return train trip.

I've also been looking at a Saturday night in Leicester for another band and wondering why my preferred hotel hasn't got any rooms available - now I've checked the map, it turns out that it's directly across from the King Power Stadium and there's a home match on!
Are you trying to say Leeds is expensive?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Are you trying to say Leeds is expensive?
I'm not saying that, Leeds is talking for itself. Saturday 24th Feb, Leeds city centre (where I need to be) room only.
1695418165274.png

Sunday 25th, same chain, Manchester, easy walking distance from Picadilly rail station and a few hundred yards from the venue
1695418264312.png

(plus £9.50 for breakfast).
Us soon to be retired old folk have to be careful with our money :laugh:

Attachments

• 1695418096765.png
    1695418096765.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
Woke up and walked the dog at 5am, felt tired and jaded. Went to work at 6.30, got there, legs and back ache, feel like carp....7.10...I'm on the way home.

Negative covid test so probably just harbouring a bit of a virus.
Could have saved myself 30 miles of fuel.

I'd do a second test at some point, just to check. That's how I started off, and a few hours later, it felt as if an elephant was sitting on my chest.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Top Bottom