Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a cool, blustery and showery day here chez Casa Reynard. The earlier sunshine is but a distant memory.

Slept well, and spent the morning in the kitchen converting about a kilo and a half of damaged and overripe tomatoes into a big pot of pasta sauce. Used the oil from a can of tuna to sweat off the onions and garlic, and shall add the tuna to the pot once the tomatoes have cooked down some. Then will let that cool and then stash it in the fridge for some quick and easy meals.

I will have to go to the quacks to pick up mum's prescription later. Not looking forward to that, as that's where I most likely got dosed with Covid last time. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be masking up in there, even if the place is not busy.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon, and I has a hungry.

postman

Squire
Got a walk in and a bacon and sausage sarnie,i also beat the heavy rain.

I will have to go to the quacks to pick up mum's prescription later. Not looking forward to that, as that's where I most likely got dosed with Covid last time. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be masking up in there, even if the place is not busy.

An FFP2 mask mostly protects others from your airborne germs, rather than the other way around; it still offers some protection, so it's better than nothing.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1000030733.jpg

Nice out... 👍

Mike_P

Guru
Rain came and went so drove home in the dry but if I had cycled... Took the opportunity to overload the bag with stuff out of my locker given the no locker move coming up. One rucksack cover and a mini foot pump retrieved from its depths along with a microwaveable soup mug not used since pre Covid, if not all given the lack of anything growing in it.

Woke up and walked the dog at 5am, felt tired and jaded. Went to work at 6.30, got there, legs and back ache, feel like carp....7.10...I'm on the way home.

Negative covid test so probably just harbouring a bit of a virus.
Could have saved myself 30 miles of fuel.

I wonder if that is what I have been suffering from as my back legs and rear have been aching for over a week now?

I wonder if that is what I have been suffering from as my back legs and rear have been aching for over a week now?

How many legs have you got?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry nearly all day with some sunshine but showers appeared about four o'clock when I went down by car to collect a prescription.
Nowhere to park and the two blue badge spaces in front of the chemist both occupied. One vehicle had what was clearly a spoof Blue Badge with no details shown. There are currently no parking wardens here so nobody to police such things.
For the second time today I just double parked on the carriageway and if any touroid wants to move their car they can just wait.
Misuse of blue badge parking spaces seems to be another of my current obsessions.
Up to the GP as ordered and met a friend in the waiting room I had not seen for ages. I was not aware his wife had died recently so a bit sad really. He has just got another dog to keep him company which he bought and was appalled at what he had to pay to get it. He has made provision for it as it is likely to outlive him since he is now I think 96 years old.
GP was not aware of the reason for my visit but I got a check over anyway and some pills as I seem to have done my back an injury humping things around to get the new and now useless washing machine in.
The plumber turned up to remove the old one from my front garden and fortunately a neighbour who works for Openreach came home for something so gave him a hand to get it into his van.
Some unfortunate has just been removed by helicopter medivac which landed on the golf course just up from my house.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I don't have back legs but make do with the usual two, which incidentally both have fronts and backs. But, more to the point, I have been suffering from severe muscle fatigue in my legs and buttocks for a good week now. And it doesn't seem to be going away.

How many legs have you got?

8. I think ! :wacko:
I don't have back legs but make do with the usual two, which incidentally both have fronts and backs. But, more to the point, I have been suffering from severe muscle fatigue in my legs and buttocks for a good week now. And it doesn't seem to be going away.

Similar here . I thought mine was getting better but it seems to worsen in the night. I rode my bike today for about 1.5 miles and it was a right pain in the !

Top Bottom