Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My friend's son came round to have a look at our flat roof which is leaking. He and his mate are going to replace it on Saturday .

Here is a picture of Georgie. He wanted a bit of company the other day and came over to see me when I wandered up the garden.

Georgie 3.JPG

oldwheels

Legendary Member
still remember (1961ish?) seeing a scrub board & hand ringer in my Grandmother kitchen sink, while we were still in The Bronx. I have no memory if she/we didn't have a machine & maybe these were just for certain items? undoubtedly, would have been hand-downs from her mother? they are nowhere to be seen in my Mother's house. tho she still does still have our old milk box that used to sit on our front porch, for deliveries

internet photos
View attachment 707342

View attachment 707343

I well remember things like that. We had a boiler for water on wash days which was out in the Wash House the back of the house. There was also a wringer and double sink. I sometimes had a turn at operation the wringer.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cold but not so windy and still dry just now.
Red deer have invaded my top garden and crapped on the path as well as eating the wild flower heads. I have a vague idea where they have probably got in so will have to get a barrier sorted out. They were in the garden last winter and lay about overnight and crapped everywhere so I managed eventually to stop them getting in but they are persistent b----s.
In the past could just have shot them but now being surrounded by new houses that is not possible.

Sunday is World Stone Skimming Championships on Easdale island. It was suspended due to Covid but is now back as the usual annual event.

tom73

Guru
Seeing Mrs 73 off to work this morning and spotted a sick hedgehog at the side of the road. So we moved to an out the way corner of the garden. At least it's safely off the road , After some online hunting found local rescue only to find they are full up so cant take any. Phoned the vet who gave me another one to try. They've room but can't collect have to wait for Mrs 73to finish work before we can take it.
It's breathing not great but holding but very lethargic i've rehydrated some of Charles food. See if it eats anything , other than being ill it's big and healthy.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the weekend has already started. I'm off to Silverstone on Saturday for my annual weekend away at the BTCC meeting so I need to sort out food, drink & clothing and to make sure that the overnight bag has all the necessary bits in it as I've not been away for a couple of months.

Top Bottom