Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
The Bournemouth to Malaga flight has just departed. Yesterday I saw a huge cargo airbus heading out to China, it seemed to hang in the air as it was banking, looked quite surreal.

It always use to intrigue me watching the planes come and go into Bournemouth as I commuted up and down the spur road quite a few years ago

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast and very blustery Suffolk. My legs have just about recovered trying to make progress into the headwind along Felixstowe seafront on this morning's ride to work. A little bit up the coast there were some kite surfers taking advantage of the wind & rough seas to have a bit of fun near the mouth of the River Deben.

It has been formally approved that of 1st March 2014 I will be officially retired :wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I keep a running shopping list on my phone. For some reason, at the top of the list, is the entry: ''Ok''. For the life of me, I can't think what that was supposed to be. It isn't a partially erased ''Okra'' because I would have remembered that.

This wouldn't normally be a problem but I have this nagging feeling that I've forgotten something I wanted to buy. That's why I looked at the list.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I keep a running shopping list on my phone. For some reason, at the top of the list, is the entry: ''Ok''. For the life of me, I can't think what that was supposed to be. It isn't a partially erased ''Okra'' because I would have remembered that.

This wouldn't normally be a problem but I have this nagging feeling that I've forgotten something I wanted to buy. That's why I looked at the list.
81dP2Gv7KCL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Rain has started here

Tenkaykev

Guru
It always use to intrigue me watching the planes come and go into Bournemouth as I commuted up and down the spur road quite a few years ago

Yes, It's got a very long runway, I think Concorde was able to take off and land there. I went up with my MIL to celebrate her 70th many years ago, the small 'plane felt a bit " agricultural " but it was a great trip out over the IOW and the Purbecks, gave a totally different perspective.
On a tangent, the Airport is very poorly served by Public Transport, and the Taxi companies all charge the same £38 taxi fare. We prefer to take the train to Southampton Airport Parkway, much more convenient, a nicer airport and cheaper to get to too.

Top Bottom