Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways, time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ours are wired in to the mains they have a life of ten years. One was replaced a few years ago as it was faulty the other is due to be replaced. As a temp fix the council put up a very cheep throw away one , that was 3 years ago still waiting for the wired true replacement.
Lucky its not the one at the top of stairs have to remember it's now independent of other so testing one won't set that one like it's meant to.

Ours are the same, mains powered with a battery back up, we had a faulty one but they were at the end of their 10 year life so we had an electrician in and had all three changed.

Ripple

Veteran
Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways, time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.
After our dog died my mum didn't want any other pets as she lives alone and it can be a bit problematic to take care of a pet if she goes to hospital (it already happened).
Anyway. A new neighbour moved in to a house next to hers. They have a cat. My mother ended up feeding that cat quite soon. :biggrin: This cat (female) got herself a "boyfriend" in the summer. My mother proudly told me today that "boyfriend" decided to pay a visit to her house and ended up playing with toys for a few hours. :rolleyes:
These neighbours got another cat recently. She's quite shy for now but I guess soon she will be on the "feed the cats" list. :biggrin:
My mum is happy because while she hasn't got a permanent cat she still has visiting ones. Suits both sides. :smile:

After our dog died my mum didn't want any other pets as she lives alone and it can be a bit problematic to take care of a pet if she goes to hospital (it already happened).
Anyway. A new neighbour moved in to a house next to hers. They have a cat. My mother ended up feeding that cat quite soon. :biggrin: This cat (female) got herself a "boyfriend" in the summer. My mother proudly told me today that "boyfriend" decided to pay a visit to her house and ended up playing with toys for a few hours. :rolleyes:
These neighbours got another cat recently. She's quite shy for now but I guess soon she will be on the "feed the cats" list. :biggrin:
My mum is happy because while she hasn't got a permanent cat she still has visiting ones. Suits both sides. :smile:

Cats are *VERY* good at finding ways to upgrade their lifestyle, and your mum, obviously, fits the brief. :smile:

An owl is lurking about and hooting. I've rarely heard owls and then only once, but this one is staying nearby and calling out repeatedly.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm currently on a 3 day winning streak of guess the random microwave direction hot chocolate making. The turntable has a 15 second rotation so the milk is nuked for 1 minute 30 seconds without looking at whether it rotates clockwise or anti-clockwise. Then the chocolate powder is added and the mug put back with the handle at 120° or 240° to the door and the timer set for 40 seconds. If I've guessed correctly the handle should be by the door at 'ping' time.

Yes, it has been a bit quiet here recently.

Top Bottom