Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We have a Bosch dishwasher. After about a year I thought " I wonder what that button does " when I pressed it the timer dropped from over two hours to 1:05.

The most economical cycle in my dishwasher was 3 hrs 10 minutes. Looking through the bumpfh it uses less water and less leccy but, I guess, soaks stuff for longer.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa went down well
Skies are more grey than any other colour

oldwheels

Legendary Member
More like “cruise ship menace” grows

There are certainly more of them and also much larger ones than in previous years. The cyclist menace is a new manifestation but the entitled pedestrians are also a local nuisance. Some walking along the street yesterday seemed to expect cars and vans to fly over them and reacted with annoyance when they did not.

I'm not sure anything like that will happen. We've found things left by retirees from several years ago in the packing process.

I'm not sure they'll track it, or be too bothered. Basically we're a growing subject so have more desks. Other subject areas have less.

Currently there's about 16 full-time, 8 fractional and 6 hourly-paid colleagues and many work from home unless teaching. We'll use some of the desks for now, then hopefully grow into the rest.

In addition to hot-desks there's meeting pods and other spaces available for use.

Are they playing musical chairs ? :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks to be another wet day with gales later.
My hearing aid seems to have dried out after getting hosed down yesterday when fuelling the car.
Today I need to wait around for a new washing machine to be delivered. Some furniture has to be shifted out of my galley kitchen to give enough space to get it in and the old one out.
I am leaving the removal of the failed one to a plumber as the isolating valve seems to be stuck and if it breaks I certainly cannot fix it.
The only dishwasher I have is myself and it is not worth bothering about for one person.

Last edited:
How can a dishwasher thats been going for over 90 minutes be more economical than physically doing it by hand in about 15 minutes from start to finish

I am highly sceptical of this too. I have to 'rent' my kitchen with the rest of my apartment and it came with a dishwasher which I've never used. Last month my landlord came by with the years utility costs, and expressed surprise that I use so little electricity...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was a bit cold - well, not comfortably snug - when I woke up this morning. It's not cold enough to close the window and nowhere near needing to turn the heating on. But I fear we may have now gone beyond the duvet cover and light blanket stage.

I have to take my cousin to London City Airport this morning. She might have a nervous take off - gusty cross-headwinds of 40mph+. For the record, it's a narrow runway with water on both sides.

Top Bottom