Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well with a slice of fruit bread

Maybe we should put up taxes then?
liz.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Coffee and sausage roll break time. There's a heavy block of rain just over north east Kent that I really hope keeps going north east as it will miss here and I still need to go out later this afternoon.

Maybe we should put up taxes then?
View attachment 706957
So when does she want us to retire - the day after our heart beats it's last?

tom73

Guru
It's pouring down just when the washer has finished clothes horse it is then :sad:.
I've two other loads need going inc the bedding have to see what space is left.

Cool, blustery and drizzly here chez Casa Reynard. Much quieter now than during the night. It's a very long time since I saw a thunderstorm THAT spectacular. Went on for about three hours, with lightning strikes every 15 to 20 seconds at its peak. Just bloody bonkers...

Slept so-so, I really *didn't* need the hot flushes I had during the night. That's now two nights with poor quality sleep. Don't feel ill any more, just this intense bone-deep fatigue. I will have to pop out later to drop off the parental unit's prescription at the quack and some letters into the post. That'll be the first time I've left the house for nearly three weeks. Eeek!

Will have to go grocery shopping at some point this week. Will not go yellow stickering, as there is still too much stuff here that wants using, but I am in need of bread, milk, butter, cheese and some fruit & veg. Appetite is almost back to normal, but at the moment it's more a "little and often" thing rather than anything else.

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

I have a question for people who know lots about cats.

A friend of mine works in the walled Vegetable garden of a nearly "retreat/quiet days/small conferences" establishment. There are some houses with gardens backing onto the area where she works. Alledgedly this cat used to live at one of the cottages with its owners, but they moved out and could, or would, not take the cat with them. :sad: The cat is now very thin.

The cat obviously needs a "new" home. The cat rescue centres are, as she and I understand it, full to the brim with cats. So in the short term the plan is this, she, my friend will feed it every day that she is there, which is most days. The door to the potting shed can be left open and she is going to get an "igloo" bed, is that the name? and possibly a heated pad for the coldest days. Some of the other staff have said they could feed the cat. The cat is friendly, but she cannot have another cat, as her elderly cat is used to being an "only" cat. Last weekend the cat was taken to a vet to see if he/she is microchipped.

I intend to give my friend some sachets of food, and possibly some dry food.

My question is, does she need to do anything else, and what sort of cat food is best for a cat that does not have a warm home to sleep in? Does it need to be low volume/high calorie?

Dry food is probably a better option as you won't have an issue with fly strike. If you get one of those gravity-fed dispensers, then the cat will have access to food 24/7. Likewise, a water dispenser or a large heavy bowl for water - the small ones tend to get tipped over. Something inexpensive like this ought to do:

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_bowls_feeders/cat_fountains/other/14454

Dry cat food is higher in calories than wet food, but you could also feed wet kitten food, which is higher in calories than adult wet food.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Went out as the sun appeared and stopped at fuel pumps to fill up with diesel. All set to fill with nozzle in the tank when rain suddenly came on like I have never experienced before. Like a power hose straight down so now sodden and some hit my hearing aid which has stopped working. If it does not get dried out then back to audiology where it was refurbished last month.

Sheep in the field still behaving strangely as they have not moved all morning. Small groups do tend to hang out together as these ones obviously do. My main experience is with cattle tho’ I did help my grandfather with his sheep but only superficial knowledge really.

1E89907E-CC4A-4850-9C04-675C25CCAD46.png

I am the music man, I come from down your way
And I can play
(What can you play?)
I play for Everton

E-V-E-R-T-O-N
Lost again, lost again
E-V-E-R-T-O-N
Everton lost again

That, and someone doing something at work without telling me and breaking a lot of stuff which I'm responsible for, kinda put a downer on my weekend.

That "someone" is going to feel my opprobrium, later.

Sorry about the footy me old bean, but I'll take the three points for our lads any day. First time in five years that we've won at Goodison, soooo...

No surprised that things started improving at the Emirates after we got shot of Moshiri. He's really made a mess of things with you guys.

Top Bottom