Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Roasties tonight

simongt

Guru
On the way home from Wymondham, had a more detailed look at the several set of new builds that are going up in the area.
It struck me that with all the hoo ha about saving energy / renewables etc., etc., why aren't solar panels being included as part of the standard build much the same as we now expect cavity wall insulation and double glazing to be - ? :whistle:
I'm aware that cost can be a sticking point, but surely that can be factored into the price of the respective properties - ?

tom73

Guru
On the way home from Wymondham, had a more detailed look at the several set of new builds that are going up in the area.
It struck me that with all the hoo ha about saving energy / renewables etc., etc., why aren't solar panels being included as part of the standard build much the same as we now expect cavity wall insulation and double glazing to be - ? :whistle:
I'm aware that cost can be a sticking point, but surely that can be factored into the price of the respective properties - ?

It was set to being added to building regs but the government axed it.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Autumn arrived in Norfolk today - it was overcast, cool in the breeze and occasional light showers.
One last night of freedom and then I need to get back into working week mode on Monday :sad:

Top Bottom