Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
First cuppa went down well.
Almost clear blue skies at moment

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cold wet and miserable looking out this morning but not yet windy.
A small flock of sheep have arrived in the field opposite me and they must have just arrived as they are standing looking around
and assessing their newest abode. Been nothing there for a few months so there should be enough grazing among the rushes.
Ferry disruption today but this time for operational reasons. Our boat is doing runs to Lochboisdale and Colonsay for the livestock sales. This has been advertised for some time so regular travellers would have been aware but that did not stop Calmac from wakening me at 0530 with a couple of text messages. I don't bother looking at them until I get up unless I am travelling that day.
I seem to be getting obsessed with the text messaging service from Calmac. :wacko:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where we also had rain overnight. The first coffee of the day has almost been finished which means that I will be getting back into working week mode in about half an hour with changing the bedding and doing other domestics that could otherwise be spread over the rest of the week.

On the way home from Wymondham, had a more detailed look at the several set of new builds that are going up in the area.
It struck me that with all the hoo ha about saving energy / renewables etc., etc., why aren't solar panels being included as part of the standard build much the same as we now expect cavity wall insulation and double glazing to be - ? :whistle:
I'm aware that cost can be a sticking point, but surely that can be factored into the price of the respective properties - ?

Like warehouses and new shops should have them. Just off the M4 here several massive warehouses have just gone up which could have had solar panels on the roof. They also make them far too tall! Just think how much it would cost to heat all of the empty space .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Like warehouses and new shops should have them. Just off the M4 here several massive warehouses have just gone up which could have had solar panels on the roof. They also make them far too tall! Just think how much it would cost to heat all of the empty space .

Often, the racking inside goes almost to the ceiling.. But agree with the solar panels!

tom73

Guru

It's not just roof's the largest solar array in Europe is the CIS tower in Manchester. The Co-operatve group a few years ago due to issue with the old tiles. Re clad the whole building in solar panels. Feeds the grid with about 180,000 kWh a year.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I am the music man, I come from down your way
And I can play
(What can you play?)
I play for Everton

E-V-E-R-T-O-N
Lost again, lost again
E-V-E-R-T-O-N
Everton lost again

That, and someone doing something at work without telling me and breaking a lot of stuff which I'm responsible for, kinda put a downer on my weekend.

That "someone" is going to feel my opprobrium, later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom