Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Clean First Corner/Lap Yellow Flags, Track Limits, Virtual/Safety Car, Red Flag(s)?

Lights Out!!

Mike_P

Guru
Overnight rain died out and a brief sunny spell made outdoor activity tempting only for it to go overcast again with a strengthening easterly. My least favourite wind direction; the only time it is fun on a bike is when the A59 is shut because of a rockfall on Cote du Blubberhouses and the tailwind is an assistance on Penny Pot, while the head wind is mitigated by a fast down grade ride on the A59.

Moved the Chromecast to the kitchen after it's failure to cast GCN+ properly image wise. The lack of All 4 is annoying on it as well and I found that cannot be cast from their app but can be if viewed in Chrome on the laptop. Firestick reinstated in the lounge

That took far longer than anticipated with cable trunking having to be restuck down and numerous bike parts collected together and moved to the bike shed

Last edited:
Ok l may be well on my way to a second childhood but if l can have more toys like these who cares. I think they ad a certain something to my workshop / playroom !!

tempImageyEQryP.png

tempImageSGDzEF.png

You resprayed Elder Son!
Hopefully the same colour as the bike.

I think we may have misunderstood each other.

For the record, the bike was green and is now anthracite grey.

Elder Son remains as before; relatively dark skinned even for a half European, half Japanese. As he says, he was always destined to be on the Dark Side.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A typical early January day, cold wet and windy. Pity it is only September.
There was a brief period about midday with little rain so ventured out for a walk. Even with extra clothing I was too cold to continue.
Contrast with yesterday which was nice and sunny with little wind. I did wear long trousers and had full finger gloves on but still a pleasure to be outside.
Yesterday Calmac continued their texting bombardment and sent at least a couple of dozen text messages for a very simple single incident. Anybody who signs up to get this service must surely be able to understand after the first couple that since both ferries are delayed then all subsequent ones will be as well. Casual touroid travellers are unlikely to subscribe to this service so any regular travellers only need the basic information and not have to get reminded every 10 minutes for hours.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have a question for people who know lots about cats.

A friend of mine works in the walled Vegetable garden of a nearly "retreat/quiet days/small conferences" establishment. There are some houses with gardens backing onto the area where she works. Alledgedly this cat used to live at one of the cottages with its owners, but they moved out and could, or would, not take the cat with them. :sad: The cat is now very thin.

The cat obviously needs a "new" home. The cat rescue centres are, as she and I understand it, full to the brim with cats. So in the short term the plan is this, she, my friend will feed it every day that she is there, which is most days. The door to the potting shed can be left open and she is going to get an "igloo" bed, is that the name? and possibly a heated pad for the coldest days. Some of the other staff have said they could feed the cat. The cat is friendly, but she cannot have another cat, as her elderly cat is used to being an "only" cat. Last weekend the cat was taken to a vet to see if he/she is microchipped.

I intend to give my friend some sachets of food, and possibly some dry food.

My question is, does she need to do anything else, and what sort of cat food is best for a cat that does not have a warm home to sleep in? Does it need to be low volume/high calorie?

Top Bottom