Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Lovely day out in the sunshine - apart from the A14 traffic queues both ways ('police incident' heading in and long term roadworks/heavy traffic) heading home). Just short of 3 hours bimbling around on the busways, cycle lanes and river towpaths in the Cambridge area.

Got home and found out that my broadband has gone down. An external fault according to BT which means that Open Reach are going to have to look into it with a projected fix of 'by 23:59 on 20/09/23'. Just hope I don't run out of data while hotspotting the Chromebook and watching the sports apps.

postman

Squire
What a wonderful day today.Over to Sowerby Bridge.The biggest Ikea task ever.A six drawer cabinet,it took four hours.Two before lunch and two after which included tea.My word it looks brilliant,daughter can now put stuff away.She has done fantastic in four weeks.Lunch was a visit to a superb cafe named The Larder aa fantastic chicken wrap it was massive plus two of the best lattes in a long time.Dinner cooked by daughter was a spicy pasta sausage thing she is a great cook.Then a taste of Heaven a homemade Tiramisu that was stunning.A very long day not home till 20-45 should sleep tonight,tomorrow i face a very important scan.

Morning .
Georgie was eagerly awaiting my slow arrival downstairs this morning. My back seems to have got worse over night . I gave him his sachet of food and after he had some he sat there and looked at me licking his whiskers . I think he was happy .
The weather here seems to be changing. It looked promising to start with but it keeps getting a bit murky . I think rain and thunderstorms are forecast.

I'm happy with my two lenses that I just bought. They both have their good and bad points . I haven't been able to do a great deal with them but I like them so far. The Tamron zoom is good at the close to medium range at the moment, it was alright with the Red Arrows but the auto focus can hunt at times so I switch it to manual. The Sigma is better at the longer ranges and is pretty good at aircraft leaving vapour trails . Alright , they are not pin sharp but hand held on a plane a couple of miles away I think is pretty good. I haven't found a sharpening tool on our computer so all I have done is to crop and boost the contrast . I would like to try a picture of the moon but is doesn't appear to be about at the moment.

My wife is torturing me! She's told me to put an ice pack on my back ! :ohmy:

Top Bottom