Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Toast and jam... one of life's simple yet forgotten pleasures...

I love having sardines on toast, preferably the ones that come in tomato sauce.

Nah, they're nasty bitter. The only ones to have are in olive oil.

Mike_P

Guru
They've probably merged with Liverpool, freeing up one of the stadiums to be sold for housing development. There's going to be a poll of the supporters of both clubs as to which name they adopt, " Everpool " or " Liverton " 😉

That merging of a name is why Notts County fans get annoyed every time they seen or hear Notts incorrectly used as an abbreviation for Nottm Forest.
Had a fright this morning, massive thud. Found the loft hatch had somehow opened and a storage box had fallen out.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
They've probably merged with Liverpool, freeing up one of the stadiums to be sold for housing development. There's going to be a poll of the supporters of both clubs as to which name they adopt, " Everpool " or " Liverton " 😉

Goodison Park is likely to be up for housing development anyway.

Not that it's in the most salubrious location.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
We had a toad in our back garden yesterday, trying (and failing) to climb some chicken wire which I've put up temporarily until the garden fence finally gets replaced.

My little pooch was fascinated with it. Kept sniffing it, and making the occasional very light tap with its paw to make the toad move.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

We had a toad in our back garden yesterday, trying (and failing) to climb some chicken wire which I've put up temporarily until the garden fence finally gets replaced.

My little pooch was fascinated with it. Kept sniffing it, and making the occasional very light tap with its paw to make the toad move.

When we moved into this house about 15 years ago we quickly discovered we had a resident toad in the back garden, I haven't seen it for a long time but its probably the reason why we don't have a major slug and snail problem.

A warm and sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well, and this is the first morning I don't feel queasy. Still tired, coughy and full of snot, but it's a small step forward. Have spent the morning working on a poem. I have a few lines, but they don't actually go together yet, it's more a collection of notes and a concept. Still a fair bit of work to do on this one.

The big excitement was Madam Lexi bringing me a present. Of a large feather she'd found in the garden. She's SO pleased with herself, bless her. :wub:

Currently listening to a bit of the cricket.

It is almost time for luncheon.

Top Bottom