Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain shower came on at lunch time exactly as forecast but now dry again.
Collected a whole bunch of stuff from a cupboard which has not been opened for ages and took the lot up to the dump for the charity shop containers. Two workers hanging about came and took the lot from the car which saved a bit of hassle for me.
Decided to relube the trike chain which is easiest done in the car with the aid of a couple of axle stands. You cannot back pedal as with a bike as the chain can only be moved in a forward direction hence the need to get the rear wheels off the ground.
All done and a length of shelf lining paper plus old newspaper to catch the drips to protect the car floor.
Discovered I hope why the lights on the trike don’t work as there was a broken wire but it can wait till tomorrow to see if that fixes the problem.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Had some blood tests done the other day.

Just been advised of my results; all OK, but I've been advised to keep an eye on my sugar intake and cholesterol, as while they are OK right now they could tip into not OK if I'm not careful.

I said "OK, cool, I'll make a tweak or two to my diet, then, cheers".

Then I returned to my pint of Guinness and my cheese and onion crisps... mañana

IMG-20230915-WA0001.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Breezy and a bit cold today. First time I felt the need to put on a fleece to go outside in ages. Winter is approaching.

Walking up the hill to see my physio at QE Sports Centre in Wimborne, there were a load of crunchy leaves on the ground 😮

tom73

Guru
Took advantage of the nice sunny weather, spent a nice late afternoon in garden general tidy up and lawns cut. Noticed the border with mass planting of perennial verbena is dying off at one end. Need to have a think why plants same age and conditions as rest. My need to start the bed all over again, one of other small borders the dicentra not been great for a few years. Time for a change a new rose border is front runner.

Top Bottom