Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A torrential shower first thing this morning but mostly sunny since.
Down to the garage to pay for work done and MainSt. a nightmare. Three tour buses and a small cruise liner so all passengers wander along the carriageway which is not a pedestrian precinct and veer out in front of vehicles without looking behind.
I used to scare them when cycling along on my workshop bike which had a loud squeal when braking hard. Sneak up behind them and brake hard. Made the b——s jump.:laugh:
Had a walk in the sunshine and ate lots of brambles on what used to be a quiet track.
Back home want up to my workshop shed with no jacket so once I collected what I was looking for heavy rain came on and continued till I reached my door. Now sunny again.
A different ferry from usual will be on Fishnish/Lochaline tomorrow but no idea why Calmac are telling us that.

tom73

Guru
You can't make this up having told Virgin what they can do with my contact on Tuesday. I've had a phone call from them asking why and seeing what they can do about the price. So i've now just been given a price no messing about that's less then I was paying 4 years ago. Even managed to get extra £7 off by doing away with the landline. So even when the price go's up in April as normal we are still better off than our current offer price.

Ham on toast, plus a pear, and orange and two :cuppa: for luncheon.

Then an afternoon spent reading and listening to TMS.

Might watch some men playing with a funny shaped ball later.

Mike_P

Guru
Dusk outing for the ebike with Morrisons the destination. Outbound their were chalk markings for a raised table to be installed on Bilton Lane where the Nidderdale Greenway NCN67 crosses.
Found hi ball tumblers reduced to 60p and conveniently two left in a carton of four which neatly in the rucksack with the other two spaces filled with a couple of tins of coffee. Completely forgot to activate their mobile app offers but still 10 days to use.
Remarkably on the return both cycle crossings changed immediately on pressing the button. Very long snoozes anticipated next time.

Last edited:
The German government ran a "National emergency notification" test today. Unlike the damp squib of a few years back this seemed to work better; everyone's smart phone alarm went off at 11am*, and the display had a big red box with "Don't Panic" on it, or at least the German version of "Don't Panic" which takes about fifty words, 27 exclamation marks, and looks absolutely terrifying...

*Except mine, for some reason...

Last edited:
Top Bottom