Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Definitely cooler today, and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well, but am feeling a tad queasy and my head has turned into a snot factory again.

Did have a kitchen morning though, and there is a big batch of marinara sauce getting on with itself in the crock pot. I have some spinach and mushrooms that want using, and that will go in there later. The intention is to make a big pasta bake, and then I won't have to do too much cooking for the rest of this week.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon. Tea and toast will have to do it as I don't fancy terribly much.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Why do people expect you to put yourself out but then don't do the things that you ask them to do

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Ground-to-Air missiles? 🤔

No, by shaking their fists and shouting at them, tremulously.

From the latest WWRA newsletter.

Attachments

• IMG-20230911-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230911-WA0004.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 18

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Weather forecast all wrong as no rain in the morning but rain in afternoon which was forecast dry.
Turned out a busy day with bread making , soup making and evening meal preparation.
Arranged my next mainland visit to avoid the car rally but no ferry booking yet.
Contacted a local plumber to get the plumbing side of the new washing m/c done when it arrives as the isolating valve seems to be stuck. I also discover that the joiner who fitted new kitchen units about 10 years ago has made it impossible to get the plug for the washing machine removed without cutting the cable. This means the plug will need to be cut off the new machine and another one fitted to get it connected. Alternatively I think I have a connector somewhere to cut the cable and reconnect.
I have used this plumber before and he is local and reliable unlike the incomer one who dabbles in washing machines and who has not condescended to phone back,
He also volunteered to take the old machine to the dump tho’ I will have to go as well to avoid charges he would incur on his own.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Coming to a TV near you celebrity fightpath watch.

They don't mind helicopters when their darling Rishi is flying in them here, there and everywhere, just so long as he does it from Battersea and not Biggin Hill.

They're terribly concerned about pollution, but not as concerned as they are about a proliferation of cameras policing the ULEZ extension.

The ironic thing is that the loudest things flying in and out are the Spitfires.

tom73

Guru
They don't mind helicopters when their darling Rishi is flying in them here, there and everywhere, just so long as he does it from Battersea and not Biggin Hill.

They're terribly concerned about pollution, but not as concerned as they are about a proliferation of cameras policing the ULEZ extension.

The ironic thing is that the loudest things flying in and out are the Spitfires.

Yes but that's British so all good keeps Johny foreigner on his toes.

Had some bread and butter and the last three cocktail sausages for luncheon, along with an orange and two :cuppa:

classic33

Leg End Member
Definitely cooler today, and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well, but am feeling a tad queasy and my head has turned into a snot factory again.

Did have a kitchen morning though, and there is a big batch of marinara sauce getting on with itself in the crock pot. I have some spinach and mushrooms that want using, and that will go in there later. The intention is to make a big pasta bake, and then I won't have to do too much cooking for the rest of this week.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon. Tea and toast will have to do it as I don't fancy terribly much.
Just as well I suppose, be no good if it started arguing with itself. It'd have no-where to go.

Top Bottom