Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's yet again another bright, sunny & warm start to the day and the first cuppa of the day has already been finished. The best thing about a Saturday night/Sunday morning is that there's no overnight trains so I can leave the bedroom window wide open and not be disturbed by the noise from the freight trains.

Sounds like a good day to get away from the seaside :whistle:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Back now 27 miles completed and it's getting warm
A pot of blackberries forraged
First cuppa went down well

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1000028744.jpg

And here we are.... Tide's out 🏖

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny start but now hazy and overcast. Shanks's Pony to Screwfix for some wood glue to repair an outdoor planter. Then to Aldi where the self service tills were roped off. Managed to find a normal till queue that was not too long. Back in reverse the normal route to Aldi so no steep climb to plod up until right at the end. At home was greeted by the smell of freshly baked bread. Seems okay; I was a bit worried re the amount of milk appearing on the surface immediately before I started the bread machine.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Overcast and tho' rain is forecast I don't think it will happen by the looks of the sky. Yellow warning of thunderstorms.
I need to get out somewhere today as being indoors all day does my head in.
Not ordered a new washing m/c yet as it may turn out to be something simple wrong with the existing one.
I can do without the upheaval caused by getting the old one out and a new one in. In the past I would just have got on with it but even things like that are getting beyond me now so I will need to get somebody to do the job for me. Family are not near enough to call in and anyway my son is currently in Taiwan.
Old age brings all sorts of problems and not just health.

Thinking further on the "Big Peat" whisky.
It may be a single malt but marketing particularly with a supermarket may have decided it needs a more descriptive label than just the distillery which would be meaningless to many if not most prospective customers.
Loving the description of the taste😁

IMG_4616.jpeg

Top Bottom