Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another early one for me.

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

Since acquiring my 2 lenses I have become somewhat of a wildlife extraordinaire! More like an extraordinary photographer! :whistle:
Our garden has suddenly become full of exotic wildlife .
I have so far photographed a Wood Pigeon , Herring Gull, Crow , Wasp and a Fly! It seems as though even the garden snails have heard about my lenses and have beaten a hasty retreat! :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
Spotted this when out for my perambulation. :becool:

IMG_20230910_072709.jpg

tom73

Guru
I think the bags are red here; sharps are kept in fairly distinctive yellow buckets.

Red here is anatomical waste/full blood bag and blood preserves, normal is a container.
Clinical waste here is either yellow with black stripes (tiger stripe) (Offensive non-infectious) Normal we've one in the car boot.
Or orange (infectious). Yellow (Healthcare waste contaminated with meds or chemicals). Purple (cytotoxic or cytostatic medication)
Black (Dominic waste) Recycling can verify depends on local plan. It's not uncommon to have strong brown papers sacks for glass and aerosols.
As for sharps bins it depends on what the waste is. they came in Yellow , yellow with blue lid, yellow with orange lid.
Blue box (Non-hazardous pharmaceuticals)
The cost savings from intense management and monitoring of correct use is massive. Dealing with over use of stuff like gloves is the biggest problem.

tom73

Guru
After a late finish, I'm up early as we're all off to the seaside today 🏖

Hopefully better than we managed yesterday things went a bit wrong and we ended up arriving late so only had a few hours. Before heading back home. Still managed to call into our regular coffee shop. So Charlie was able to have his Puppachino and get made a fuss of by the staff. Not including the customers and most of the people on the bus.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast and tho' rain is forecast I don't think it will happen by the looks of the sky. Yellow warning of thunderstorms.
I need to get out somewhere today as being indoors all day does my head in.
Not ordered a new washing m/c yet as it may turn out to be something simple wrong with the existing one.
I can do without the upheaval caused by getting the old one out and a new one in. In the past I would just have got on with it but even things like that are getting beyond me now so I will need to get somebody to do the job for me. Family are not near enough to call in and anyway my son is currently in Taiwan.
Old age brings all sorts of problems and not just health.

Thinking further on the "Big Peat" whisky.
It may be a single malt but marketing particularly with a supermarket may have decided it needs a more descriptive label than just the distillery which would be meaningless to many if not most prospective customers.

Top Bottom