Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
This was supposed to be a lazy day but seem to have clocked up over 60 miles and have been up and down every side road to all sorts of our of the way spots and passed another distillery (Kilchoman). I have many pictures of my Brompton with distillery signs now, people will think I'm an alcoholic, but in reality, I have only had 3 whiskies since arriving on the island. There was a horrible shower about 30 minutes before I got back to the hostel and I got my shoes damp but I always love cycling in the aftermath of a thunderous downpour as the air always seems so fresh and clear afterwards.

My Bakewell tart didn't quite survive the journey from Bowmore to Port Charlotte unscathed but it was still delicious even if it did look like it had been in a car crash!

classic33

Leg End Member
Spotted this when out for my perambulation. :becool:

View attachment 705901
You'd forgotten your wire cutters.

classic33

Leg End Member
Red here is anatomical waste/full blood bag and blood preserves, normal is a container.
Clinical waste here is either yellow with black stripes (tiger stripe) (Offensive non-infectious) Normal we've one in the car boot.
Or orange (infectious). Yellow (Healthcare waste contaminated with meds or chemicals). Purple (cytotoxic or cytostatic medication)
Black (Dominic waste) Recycling can verify depends on local plan. It's not uncommon to have strong brown papers sacks for glass and aerosols.
As for sharps bins it depends on what the waste is. they came in Yellow , yellow with blue lid, yellow with orange lid.
Blue box (Non-hazardous pharmaceuticals)
The cost savings from intense management and monitoring of correct use is massive. Dealing with over use of stuff like gloves is the biggest problem.
I were thinking more about the colour of containers/bags given out for domestic use.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Very hot & sticky down at Brands Hatch today with some good racing. The good thing about Brands is that due to the woodland setting there's plenty of shade from the sun - if you can find the space to wedge yourself in among all the others trying to take advantage of the shade. Unlike Snetterton last year on the hottest day of the year where there was a complete absence of cover.

Unless things change tomorrow morning, I'm going to take advantage of the last day of this spell of good weather and take the train out to Ely, ride back as far as Stowmarket and then stop for lunch & drinks before getting back on the train home. Why don't Greater Anglia sell a reduced rate return ticket where you only use part of the return leg?

tyred

Legendary Member
Trying an Ardbeg tonight.

IMG_20230910_231047.jpg

Top Bottom