Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Trying to find out why i've not paid since July is proving a pain. My line manger is not replying to me or she's never in office, finance head dragon won't allow staff to just contact them. No point trying trust head office as they will only say deal with your school 1st.

That's disgusting! At least when I, and the rest of the drivers, weren't paid last month there was such a furore that a 'special' BACS payment went in later in the day!

What lenses did you buy?

A Sigma F5.6 400 mm PK. Tamron AF 70- 300 F 4 - 5.6 ,LD DI PKA.

After looking at some reviews I thought I would try my Vivitar 70 -300mm F 4.2- 5.8. It's what I use for the air shows. The review gave it a good write up or a different version of it . Apparently it seems as though one version was better than the other. I just shoot using Jpeg as we didn't have the means to convert raw images .
I have a Pentax K10D and a K50.

tom73

Guru
A Sigma F5.6 400 mm PK. Tamron AF 70- 300 F 4 - 5.6 ,LD DI PKA.

After looking at some reviews I thought I would try my Vivitar 70 -300mm F 4.2- 5.8. It's what I use for the air shows. The review gave it a good write up or a different version of it . Apparently it seems as though one version was better than the other. I just shoot using Jpeg as we didn't have the means to convert raw images .
I have a Pentax K10D and a K50.

i've a K10 not a bad little camera. Not use it for a while tend to use my phone a lot now.
This is not a bad site for 2rd hand bits it's like music magpie but just camera stuff.

tom73

Guru
That's disgusting! At least when I, and the rest of the drivers, weren't paid last month there was such a furore that a 'special' BACS payment went in later in the day!

Yep she's mostly lost the time sheets being summer holidays it's had finding out stuff. No one really jumps up and down unless like the time whole school did not get paid. Most staff are salaried so little checks are made even if she asked finance to quickly sort it. Finance will say no and make me wait to next pay day. Basically Head of finance and "associate principle" run the school. The former has been known to man handle staff out of her office.

Here is a picture of a wasp on some mint flowers the other day . I was using my Pentax 80- 200mm with a X2 converter on my K50.

wasp.JPG

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Trying to find out why i've not paid since July is proving a pain. My line manger is not replying to me or she's never in office, finance head dragon won't allow staff to just contact them. No point trying trust head office as they will only say deal with your school 1st.

My answer would be payment in bank next day please.

i've a K10 not a bad little camera. Not use it for a while tend to use my phone a lot now.
This is not a bad site for 2rd hand bits it's like music magpie but just camera stuff.

Yes it is a very good camera . I bought it second hand some years ago . It was a vast improvement over my istD.
I have a couple of Nikon's that I bought very cheap . The processing software seems to be better on the Nikon's but they seem to be more complicated to use. Also the flash card pins on the Nikon D70 seem to be prone to cause trouble .

Gwylan

Veteran

Go for the CCJ process quick and dirty. Scares the crap out of the oiks. Claim costs, interest, expenses and anything else you can find

Yep she's mostly lost the time sheets being summer holidays it's had finding out stuff. No one really jumps up and down unless like the time whole school did not get paid. Most staff are salaried so little checks are made even if she asked finance to quickly sort it. Finance will say no and make me wait to next pay day. Basically Head of finance and "associate principle" run the school. The former has been known to man handle staff out of her office.

It's about time you found some dirt on them ! :angry:

tom73

Guru
Mrs is back and been telling me about Derek he was in training to be a seizure alert dog. But had a seizure himself so can't carry on training. He's done level one so can open/close door, empty washing machine , pick up keys, remove socks and stuff.
But lives a normal life as an ambassador dog. A fully trained support dog takes 2 years and cost £25000.

Top Bottom