Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
Faffing around here is not work!
GOYA time
I'm going to go and do something, like pack my bags for the next voyage.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
IMG_20230907_144422595_HDR.jpg

A new café with a garden by the Old Kent Road. No takers for the camp beds!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Morning .
The Sun is gradually breaking through the beige sky .
I have been buying some 2nd hand lenses on the bay. Seeing loads of big lenses at the air festival made me feel a bit inadequate. Plus it seems as though the planes are moving out to sea more . At this rate they will soon be displaying off the French Coast.
I have been trying to find reviews for the lenses I bought. Most of the reviews are for the latest camera gear and not for the old stuff. If you do find what you are looking for you find out that the reviewer has the latest camera which is not suited to the old lens . So after all of that I have just bought 2 old lenses relatively cheaply and try them out . I suppose the other alternative is to mount the camera on the end of a really long stick and wave that at the aircraft.

What lenses did you buy?

classic33

Leg End Member
Trying to find out why i've not paid since July is proving a pain. My line manger is not replying to me or she's never in office, finance head dragon won't allow staff to just contact them. No point trying trust head office as they will only say deal with your school 1st.
Leaving you to ask why they can't do the same?
They being the next in line on the chain of command. The first two not being bothered by it.

tom73

Guru
Leaving you to ask why they can't do the same?
They being the next in line on the chain of command. The first two not being bothered by it.

That assumes the next in line even care and they don't.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A hot day but enough wind to keep temperature bearable.
Shorts on to go for a walk up the road to my wildlife pal's place which was not too bad. Several young buzzards buzzing around as I was going up.
On the way just down from my house came on an accident where it looked like a wheelchair had tipped over as it was lying on it's side and somebody lying on the road in the recovery position. The local police constable who lives near me was on hand and a couple of women with blue uniforms who must be local nurses were there as well as various gawkers.
This is a right angle steep bend with a bad camber so not unlikely they were caught out by that.
In winter icy conditions I have had a few dodgy descents on my way down to my workshop in early morning on that bend.

Managed with much swearing to get on the the Borrowbox on line library but no real idea how I managed it.

More swearing at NHS Scotland website to book flu/covid vaccine. Gave up in the end and managed eventually to get an appointment by phone for November.

Top Bottom