Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife has won 5 times on the Bremium Ponds totalling £400 .
Me !
Zero! :angry:

tom73

Guru
Virgin media are having a laugh our current offer is ending soon. They want to charge us almost double the price. It's more than the current price they charge for our current package. Even better some also inc TV which we don't even have.
Every year you have to go though the i'm not paying that game with them.
Last time I did they offered me a price even cheeper than what I was paying. It was even cheeper than what we'd been paying 3 years before. They even back dated it for the month we'd already paid. :wacko:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Virgin media are having a laugh our current offer is ending soon. They want to charge us almost double the price. It's more than the current price they charge for our current package. Even better some also inc TV which we don't even have.
Every year you have to go though the i'm not paying that game with them.
Last time I did they offered me a price even cheeper than what I was paying. It was even cheeper than what we'd been paying 3 years before. They even back dated it for the month we'd already paid. :wacko:

Which? is currently looking into some Virgin Media sharp practises. https://www.which.co.uk/news/articl...+signers+060923+-+We’ve+reported+Virgin+Media

Mike_P

Guru
Two quiches acquired, claim to be individual servings but are too much for me so a third out of each today and the remainder to be frozen.
Weirdly for mid to late morning outbound was at one point busy with school children. None about on the return but an annoyed white van driver complaining about me not signalling; he only saw me as I was turning left having signalled prior to commencing to turn. Was tempting to stop and ask him to demonstrate how to turn left indicating left balancing a heavy ebike with a heavy pannier on its right side balanced out partly by a d lock on the left side.

classic33

Leg End Member
For those who may be interested.
1694008042789.png

Lot 99, sale on Friday

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry and very warm but a bit overcast.
Car was picked up by the garage as expected and returned early afternoon. Went out to check the damage to my bank a/c. No bills but found a scrap of paper in the footwell. Wrong seal sent and Wed.13th. I assume this means it is rebooked for next week. Need to go down tomorrow and check this out.

Went to check out my ICE recumbent but too lazy to go out for a trip so took it into my house along with the other bikes in what was a spare room but now seems to be bike store plus camping stuff. It is fairly easy to get indoors by turning on one side and lifting in and this is not the first time doing this so got the problems sussed out.
I should really sell it along with the other unused bikes but not easy where I live.

Chaos in Oban as the main A85 out of town closed all morning. A one way street was converted into a contraflow which would not have been easy due to parked cars. Seems to be an incident involving a pedestrian and an ambulance caused this according to some on the Oban FB page.

Top Bottom