Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
20230902_103337.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There's only one more squirt of washing up liquid left in the bottle.

Gwylan

Veteran
Like grits to anyone from below the line.

I am from well above the line. Are my grits different?
[/QUOTE]

Well my experience south of the line eating grits was an act of faith. You didn't have to like it, you just ate it because that's what you did.
And it's the nearest thing I ever got to ReadyBrek. But I never had RB with brown gravy.

In England the spin was that you weren't any sort of a mother who sent her kids out into the winter cold without a good dose of warm, refreshing, nutritious RB. Remember we'd just won a war and lost our economy
Winters were cold and we hadn't invented Thinsulate yet.

Mike_P

Guru
Just had a stern lecture for cycling on a pavement from two householders. About 20ft of pavement links a dropped kerb crossing towards the end of a cul-de-sac to that, at right angles, which is directly linked to a cycle crossing. It's not a way I go with panniers on due to the sharp upgrade left turn which means a low gear and high assist on the ebike. Must go a different way just with a rucksack on.
Had been to a M&S simply food to make use of some 15% off vouchers, and free purchases anyway thanks to another Topcashback sourced gift card. Definitely need the iced bun now.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I am from well above the line. Are my grits different?

Well my experience south of the line eating grits was an act of faith. You didn't have to like it, you just ate it because that's what you did.
And it's the nearest thing I ever got to ReadyBrek. But I never had RB with brown gravy.

In England the spin was that you weren't any sort of a mother who sent her kids out into the winter cold without a good dose of warm, refreshing, nutritious RB. Remember we'd just won a war and lost our economy
Winters were cold and we hadn't invented Thinsulate yet.
[/QUOTE]th

IWENT TO University in Southern Illinois, which is quite far south as the State of Illinois is rather about the size of England proper, only with the big city in the north and the highlands in the south. I live in the northern middle of the state, so that is about 250 miles south . Where students in the northern schools had baked things and oatmeal, we had fried food, grits, and corn bread on the menu often. Thinsulate was a boon to mankind, still is, as I moved back north in order to have any chance at having a job (and a standard of living).

Top Bottom