Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
1000028072.png

WooHoooo! First win for ages!

Morning.
We arrived in Bournemouth yesterday lunchtime. We were lucky to have arrived before the air show had started so we managed to find a spot on the beach to view it from. There were a lot of people there seeing that it was a Friday. We were a bit late getting out in the evening to see the night flying and missed most of the Typhoon's performance. What we saw looked really good as the setting sun lit up the aircraft and made the red on its paintwork really stand out . We totally forgot about the fireworks at 10.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry again but overcast with little wind.
Library again as I had taken a book I had recently read on my last visit so go and look for something else.
Washing machine doing it's stuff and then coffee once that is sorted.

Today is Dalmally Agricultural Show, the last one of the season. A nice friendly show and always worth going to. At least today is dry as the field gets boggy very quickly and the river rises over the field if it is very wet. One year we had to move stand and van as the water level was in danger of getting over the van wheels.
We sold a lot of socks that day. "I don't care what colour they are as long as they are dry" was the plaintive cry from customers.

PS that mean so and so Ernie has only given me £50 this month.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a disappointingly cloudy Suffolk, although it is showing signs of brightening up. Another slow start to the day with an hour of radio listening before getting up for the first cuppa of the day. Some of the roads into Ipswich are going to be very busy later as it's another home match for ITFC and there's no train service from Felixstowe due to strike action, so any bike ride later will have to be timed to avoid the worst of it.

Mike_P

Guru
I love Ernie 😍 a whopping £950 into the household kitty 🐈

So that's where some of my missing lot went.
Sun breaking through in total contrast to yesterday.
Ebiked to Waitrose as usual this am expecting not to buy a lot.
Found 4 packs of my favourite Nakd bars at £2 each and also a quid off my favourite granola.
Multiple purchases made and one unexpectedly full rucksack.

Top Bottom