Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
no, actually one then the other. sometimes the Guinness takes long enough that I can sneak a 2nd shot when Wifey's not looking

but I have dropped them in, in my younger days

Last time I had boilermakers, malarkey ensued.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
sorry I don't get the reference or the joke. some UK stuff is just wasted on me
There was a series of Ready Brek (a porridge cereal) ads in which the ''central heating for kids'' made them glow out in the cold. There's 3 of the series here:

As @oldwheels says, Windscale was the name of a nuclear power station which had a succession of accidents involving radiation leaks. It earned itself such a bad reputation that it was subsequently renamed Sellafield.
Not the Nine O'clock News' satirical programe spoofed the ad and used the glowing graphics to indicate not warmth but radiation.

It's a bit of a grey day here chez Casa Reynard, and day 2 of self-isolation.

Slept surprisingly well, but I feel absolutely bloody awful. Someone has been using a track pump to inflate my sinuses, my eyes are really dry and itchy, and I've started coughing up a load of rubbish from my lungs. Thank goodness for Olbas oil.

Been tipping chamomile tea into my system (it's a good febrifuge) and now I *really* need a wee. I should eat something, but while I feel a bit peckish, the idea of food is putting me off.

Worst of all, I miss the cat. I've banished Madam Lexi from my room, because she's taken to sleeping with mum at night.

Am entertaining myself following the shenanigans of Transfer Deadline Day. I *was* supposed to go to Cambridge v Reading with a friend on Monday evening, but of course, now that's not happening.

postman

Squire
Back from a visit to Sorbi Bridge.I put up three curtain poles.My little Bosch battery drill was the star of the show.It was perfect for drilling eighteen holes in the three wooden battens,the screws went in so easily after that.

Top Bottom