Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Squire
I've just met my new 6year old students. Today's their first day at school.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've had a day overdosing on motor racing, cricket and athletics. I am now rather knackered.

Had a few biblical showers, so didn't need to water the triffids.

I clipped Madam Lexi's claws. She was not impressed - got the diva-like "full works"

Need another :cuppa:

Yeah not fun the 'claw clipping' is it, I used to do my old cat Kissa when she was an indoor cat at my flat but now with where I live they go outdoors a lot and there's lots of other cats and dogs nearby so they need their claws for climbing and defence.

Magpies

Back in the UK after many months. The soft etchings of sunrise in the clouds persist for nearly an hour before they fade. A world away from the hurried dawn of the fierce tropical sun.

After the incident with a woman car driver the other day my wife has said that it has put her off trying to ride a bike and that I should sell hers. She hasn't touched it for years, she bought it new and tried to ride it but found it difficult . I tried it and found that my knees were hitting my chin! I bought a new crank with shorter arms and fitted it and it made it a bit more rideable. Why is it that people including my wife insist that they have to have their feet firmly planted on the ground whilst seated in order to ride a bike? It's alright for a motorbike but they don't have their knees going up and down to propel themselves along . I see it quite often where people are cycling along hunched up . It must be painful and inefficient!
I doubt if she would get much for it . I think that the tyres alone would be worth more than the bike

After the incident with a woman car driver the other day my wife has said that it has put her off trying to ride a bike and that I should sell hers. She hasn't touched it for years, she bought it new and tried to ride it but found it difficult . I tried it and found that my knees were hitting my chin! I bought a new crank with shorter arms and fitted it and it made it a bit more rideable. Why is it that people including my wife insist that they have to have their feet firmly planted on the ground whilst seated in order to ride a bike? It's alright for a motorbike but they don't have their knees going up and down to propel themselves along . I see it quite often where people are cycling along hunched up . It must be painful and inefficient!
I doubt if she would get much for it . I think that the tyres alone would be worth more than the bike

My dear wife has the same approach, although in her case it's because that's normal in Japan; everyone seems to ride with the handlebars in a position that they can barely see over them, and their knees somewhere around their ears. Oh, and their heels on the pedals and feet at 45° to the frame.

Top Bottom