Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Just been looking at the bike.Its ages since i have been out.Do you like the selection of badges.The photos are a couple of weeks old,not today.

Attachments

• IMG_20230821_111205.jpg
    IMG_20230821_111205.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230821_111141.jpg
    IMG_20230821_111141.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 12

oldwheels

Legendary Member
one of our neighbors has a wood fire burning. I like that smell in the morning

Peat smoke has the same effect on many people in the Highlands and Islands.
Those who lived there were sometimes not too keen on the idea and my grandmother did not like the smell.
The preparation is very labour intensive but in her case it was a case of snobbery I think as it meant you could not afford coal.
Nearly every house in crofting areas burned peat and I like the smell as it reminds me of many holidays in that area.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Why did you need to attack your back.

It was all the plants

Mike_P

Guru
Seems not the day to dry washing; two wash loads still outside drying. Between putting the two lots out the ebike had a surprise reunion with the bike stands at Sainsbury's. A two pound topcashback bonus had triggered the purchase of a Google Chromecast from Argos, in the hope of watching the Vuleta etc on GCN+ on the TV without the pictures going weird which is a speciality of my Firestick. Thence a long time absent visit to the bike stands at Morrisons. My hope that their mobile app vouchers might be for something more than 10% off fruit remained unfulfilled but a specific item only sold there was wanted.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast most of the day but never actually rained.
Not encouraging for the trike so went for a walk instead. This was a track I had used for the trike before but it was a bit bumpy so I was surprised to find somebody with a folding mobility scooter. They did admit it was not the best surface for small wheels.
I must start taking a poly bag with me to collect brambles when I can reach them. There are plenty at about ground level but I never pick any within a dog leg lifting height and the higher ones on this track are off the edge of the road which I cannot each without danger of falling.

MV Loch Frisa is still broken down and waiting on spare parts so off for a few days yet. Calmac have sent out a veritable blizzard of text messages but are now going to borrow the ferry from the Sound of Sleat which does not impress those heading to and from Skye.
There are so many bookings here that one ferry cannot cope even with those diverting to the Fishnish/Lochaline route.

Still in contact with my wife's sister in Denmark who being an ex nurse has back problems and says getting an appointment to see a doctor is difficult and limited to 15 minute slots. Otherwise life in Copenhagen seems to be pretty good.

tyred

Legendary Member
I had a lovely relaxing day today.

After tidying up my flat I walked up town to do a few errands and spent ages looking at books, LPs and CDs in my favourite second-hand bookshop. For once I found the willpower not to buy things!

I made a packed lunch and went to the wildlife reserve and spent the whole afternoon just wandering around, watching swans, reading all the tourist info boards, picking and eating blackberries, chatting to a few random people and spent time sitting on a bench with a nice sea view and reading the book I had brought.

Home now and made and have a tin of yellow sticker Baxter's Scotch Broth and some yellow sticker soup rolls from this morning's shopping for a very lazy but very cheap meal. :okay:

Top Bottom