Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Dry and a touch of sun at times, but rain expected. Edit; make that a yellow warning of thunderstorms.
Ebike has had two outings. Normal Saturday one to Waitrose where once again they had given me vouchers for a free copy of the Times and also £1.50 off it. So translated the latter into 50p off milk and £1 off a box of granola.
Second one was to some bike stands to rear of the theater, alongside the southbound A61, in order to acquire a nicely rucksack compatible 3 litre really useful box from Ryman - £4.79 compared to £6 Homebase want. It will neatly fit in a cupboard with the normally used sportscams, lights, Garmin and Wahoo in it.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Mrs p received a package from Amazon which should have contained an Apple Smart watch.She opened the box and it contained a bottle of tool lubricant (No rude remarks please) Contacted Amazon after much online chat they have agreed to send the watch.

Bottle of lubricant waiting for collection by DPD

classic33

Leg End Member
I seem to have been born with good sea legs as I've never had a problem with being sea sick.

I remember one time between Larne and Cairnryan on a very rough crossing and everyone else in the lounge was being sick into bags whilst I enjoyed my fish and chips washed down with a nice bottle of cider!

I think the worst sailing I ever remember was on the Clare Island ferry in Co. Mayo, with huge waves washing over the top of it. It was during COVID restrictions and nobody was allowed to go into the lounge due to the lockdown regulations so we all got well and truly soaked. I was very impressed with the woman who sat reading her Danielle Steele novel as if nothing was happening, despite being hit with huge waves!
And every time they looked up, there were you tucking into your fish and chips. Must have helped them a lot.

Worst crossing was years ago, sailing out of Liverpool for Dublin, on the MV Innisfallen*. We'd cleared the estuary, into the Irish Sea, when we hit a storm head on. You'd still be moving upwards as roof was moving downwards.
T'were that bad they had to shut the Duty Free! The sound of all those bottles hitting the floor is still remembered.

*The only one on the route that wasn't named after an Irish province.

Mike_P

Guru
Still sunny, walked to a corner shop for a print in store return on a bag of used coffee pods then into Aldi for a bag of apples, the self service tills being very useful for light purchases as opposed to having to queue amongst full trolley loads. All in this morning 11.78 miles with 960ft of upwards movement.

I sorted out the 26" tyres in the storeroom, which involved chucking about 20 away.

Interestingly most of the 26' tyres we have are for road/city bikes, not MTB's.

I found it interesting anyway.

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I don't know. I'm in New Cross Gate but there are thousands of them in Danson Park. I remember seeing an endless succession of fly pasts, usually in groups of less than 10, one late August evening. I did wonder whether parrakeets have some kind of end of summer meet up.

It's at least 40 years since I lived in Welling, so they must be a new addition. I think the railway has gone but they still have boats on the lake.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's at least 40 years since I lived in Welling, so they must be a new addition. I think the railway has gone but they still have boats on the lake.

I was born atop Shooters Hill & lived Eltham Park from then until about 1970 when I moved to Watchet. Eltham had an open air lido (where I nearly died) as did Danson Park (where I didn't). There were no Parakeets there then.

Top Bottom