Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A rather fruitless evening trying to locate some specific issues of Autosport in my plethora of boxes. I'm giving up and going to bed.

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

Ripple

Veteran
It could have been a very stupid incident.

Where I live there's a on - street parking. Street is a cul de sac.
I'm happily driving home and there's about 100 yards left when I see a car pulling out of the parking space. Right in front of me. Obviously the driver didn't bother to look at the side mirrors at this time of the day (I was approaching him from behind).
I had a very long couple of seconds to realise that the driver doesn't see me.
Brakes check went well. ✅
I let the car to pull out and and then watched how the driver almost drove into another parked car on the other side of the street. :wacko:

I found all this situation amusing.

It could have been a very stupid incident.

Where I live there's a on - street parking. Street is a cul de sac.
I'm happily driving home and there's about 100 yards left when I see a car pulling out of the parking space. Right in front of me. Obviously the driver didn't bother to look at the side mirrors at this time of the day (I was approaching him from behind).
I had a very long couple of seconds to realise that the driver doesn't see me.
Brakes check went well. ✅
I let the car to pull out and and then watched how the driver almost drove into another parked car on the other side of the street. :wacko:

I found all this situation amusing.

That happened to me the other day but we were much closer . I had to swerve to the other side of the road to avoid a collision! She eventually stopped as she saw me and I got past . It was a good job nothing was coming the other way otherwise there would have been a multiple car pile up .

Morning.
It is sunny and cloudy here at the moment. It looks like we have had rain in the night .

tom73

Guru
We should be into day 2 of our extra long weekend by the coast in the van. But the heavy rain of weeks ago made the site unusable so our end of summer camp out is off. So yesterday still got up early and went for the day anyway. Today is a catch up day so the rest of the days we can still go for days out. Without worrying about the jobs round the house building up or the fridge looking a bit empty.

It seems to be clouding over .
It turned out that I didn't need to swap my bikes over for one with mudguards last night as we didn't get the heavy showers they forecast . At least the bike I swapped over had a Speedo fitted so I could see how far I cycled , 15 miles .
I was a bit achy from the past few days of hedge trimming. The climbing up and reaching over to cut some thick branches affected me later on my ride as I couldn't keep pace with one of my friends and gradually dropped back, about half a mile an hour difference but a gap soon opened up. We eventually caught up with the break away group.

Top Bottom