Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Now on visit to Mr Tummy senior in Hampshire.

Travelled by train and bike (mainly by train).

Back to London on Monday

Well done on finding a train! It's a strike day/weekend, isn't it?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright & sunny but slightly cool Suffolk. The essential first cuppa of the day has just been finished so all that's left to do is put the kettle on for the flask of coffee, get the food from the fridge and then it's off to Leicestershire for the day. See you later this evening.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice dry morning so far but as usual the forecast is not good.
It is getting just a little colder every morning and noticeable in the house indoor temperature as well.
Out checking my electricity meter which I do every Saturday morning and it feels very autumnal.

Library day today as I have finished all the books I currently have.

On the subject of ferries I remember coming in from Castlebay on MV LOTI on a wild morning. I was the only person in the cafeteria having breakfast which is always very good on LOTI. Just south of Rum there is a seabed bank which causes big waves. She hit a particularly big one and there was a crashing from the kitchen area followed by a shout "Yee Ha " :laugh:
To avoid misunderstandings the vessel is aways known a LOTI short for Lord of the Isles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Heavy showers in North Wales. Rhyl air show on later, but it's been cut back quite a bit, running from 2 until 4:30, and only Red Arrows and Battle of Britain aircraft worth seeing - no Typhoon. We've also got a family event (with music) on at the caravan site, Prestatyn Rocks is on all weekend (free music event) and a classic car show. Given the rain, we'll stick with the caravan site as we can see the aircraft fly over. Daughter fancies the 'bake sale' !!

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice dry morning so far but as usual the forecast is not good.
It is getting just a little colder every morning and noticeable in the house indoor temperature as well.
Out checking my electricity meter which I do every Saturday morning and it feels very autumnal.

Library day today as I have finished all the books I currently have.

On the subject of ferries I remember coming in from Castlebay on MV LOTI on a wild morning. I was the only person in the cafeteria having breakfast which is always very good on LOTI. Just south of Rum there is a seabed bank which causes big waves. She hit a particularly big one and there was a crashing from the kitchen area followed by a shout "Yee Ha " :laugh:
To avoid misunderstandings the vessel is aways known a LOTI short for Lord of the Isles.

I seem to have been born with good sea legs as I've never had a problem with being sea sick.

I remember one time between Larne and Cairnryan on a very rough crossing and everyone else in the lounge was being sick into bags whilst I enjoyed my fish and chips washed down with a nice bottle of cider!

I think the worst sailing I ever remember was on the Clare Island ferry in Co. Mayo, with huge waves washing over the top of it. It was during COVID restrictions and nobody was allowed to go into the lounge due to the lockdown regulations so we all got well and truly soaked. I was very impressed with the woman who sat reading her Danielle Steele novel as if nothing was happening, despite being hit with huge waves!

Top Bottom