Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Stayed dry most of today but I can see rain approaching up the Sound.
Took the trike out for a spin up the Mishnish Lochs and waited at the top for the service bus to Dervaig to go past as if I returned just then I would meet it in an awkward place.
It seemed to be never appearing so I started back and inevitably it appeared over the hill towards me. Managed to get into a suitable passing place to let it past. The rain began to spit a bit so put on a bit more speed to get back to shelter before it started. Never came to anything but I suppose the exercise is good for me.
Not much traffic to my surprise so an ok run if a bit windy from the NW.

Spoke to my son and asked about the triathlon he was in at Cork and particularly the swim. Conditions he said were not good which knowing his tendency to understate really means bl---y awful. Forgot to ask him where he came in at the finish but since he did not volunteer probably not very high in the rankings.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I heard a snorting noise whilst I was in the garden this morning . I went off to investigate thinking that it was a Hedgehog . I discovered that the sound was coming from up in an ash tree at the bottom of the garden . It was a rather angry Grey Squirrel! I think it was cussing Georgie who was wandering around in the undergrowth!

I misread that as ash tray, which instantly explained why the squirrel was both angry and grey.

One thing I love about days off, a nice quiet afternoon pint down the local!
20230825_161928.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
"Nun", though?
It's just a habit she's picked up over the years.

Revived my Zefal Hpx frame fit pump after it stopped working on tour. I ought to pay attention to the instructions, which say to periodically put some drops of oil in the barrel.

what was the symptom? no air flow? does the oil make it's way to the diaphragm? I remember w/ my aquarium air pumps the rubber would dry, crack & leak. replacing the diaphragm was routine maintenance

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I don't know. I'm in New Cross Gate but there are thousands of them in Danson Park. I remember seeing an endless succession of fly pasts, usually in groups of less than 10, one late August evening. I did wonder whether parrakeets have some kind of end of summer meet up.

Pre-Parakeet I used to go swimming in the open air pool there.. 👍 🏊

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
what was the symptom? no air flow? does the oil make it's way to the diaphragm? I remember w/ my aquarium air pumps the rubber would dry, crack & leak. replacing the diaphragm was routine maintenance

Not putting air into tubes.

You unscrew the barrel, pull out the piston and washer, add a couple of drops inside barrel. Then refit piston and washer.

Yeah washer / plunger drying a little, not having an air tight seal, is likely what’s happening if you don’t add the oil periodically. It likely also prevents corrosion of the barrel since the pump will be out in all weathers.

Top Bottom