Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Sh**ty end to WFH with an email from an admin person I doubt I have met enquiring where I was with a report due tomorrow. Nice if someone had told me early. So thats going to be a candidate for the world's shortest report.
Walked to Aldi via B&Q where I looked for a small storage box. Found a lid the right size but as for what it fitted to...
Quickly found fault with the new self service tills in Aldi; the place where you put the goods down after scanning cannot detect a pack of AA batteries (and hence AAAs as well I presume), so promptly locking the till up until an assistant has turned up to sort it out.

They took the self service tills out of a local ALDI several years ago due to people " accidentally " forgetting to scan items. I've been impressed with the system they have in Decathlon, chuch the basket on the checkout and it automatically scans all the items and sums the total.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Outdoors and in a dodgy part of Dublin. We're staying about 45 minutes south of the city partly because of the possibility of having the bikes and kit stolen, partly because we didn't get round to booking things until very late on. We're staying in the converted garage - to two floors - of a million €+ house with it's own tennis court. Just why they need to do AirBnB I don't know?

Greystones / Bray area ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The comments re the event in Cork where 2 died got me worried as my younger son was in this event. No idea how he got on but as a former professional diver he should have been ok in the water anyway. He normally phones at the weekend so need to wait till I hear a first hand account.
Got a text from him just now so he seems to have survived.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
The comments re the event in Cork where 2 died got me worried as my younger son was in this event. No idea how he got on but as a former professional diver he should have been ok in the water anyway. He normally phones at the weekend so need to wait till I hear a first hand account.
Got a text from him just now so he seems to have survived.

Kids are always a worry however old we, and they, are, aren't they!

classic33

Leg End Member
We're getting another light shower; It's so dark we need all the lights on, the clouds have hidden the hills and the rain is so loud I can't hear my podcast. I just walked through the centre of the building, well away from any windows, and we could still hear it hammering the roof.
Time to be putting your woodworking skills to use and start building that boat.

tyred

Legendary Member
Enslavement finished for the week and I've got Monday and Tuesday off. :becool:

I had planned a weekend cycling break but I still haven't shook off the chesty cough from last week's cold and I'm a bit down on energy. I cancelled the hostel I had booked but they took full payment anyway as I cancelled with less than 14 days notice.:angry:

Top Bottom