Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Outdoors and in a dodgy part of Dublin. We're staying about 45 minutes south of the city partly because of the possibility of having the bikes and kit stolen, partly because we didn't get round to booking things until very late on. We're staying in the converted garage - to two floors - of a million €+ house with it's own tennis court. Just why they need to do AirBnB I don't know?
They're eyeing up the bikes, and other riders in the same event.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Did you hear of the two dead in the Cork Triathlon, that you didn't have time to do?
Apparently both deaths were in the swimming part of the event, which went ahead despite the weather warnings in place.

I'm not surprised they went ahead - and I've had reports from two swimmers who took part that it was crazy to hold the swim. One needed rescuing.

However, I don't think a wet track is life-threatening but it's likely to lead to a cancellation. They cancelled the Kilo in the sprint track nationals because of rain and it's being held on Saturday afternoon, again weather-permitting.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm not surprised they went ahead - and I've had reports from two swimmers who took part that it was crazy to hold the swim. One needed rescuing.

However, I don't think a wet track is life-threatening but it's likely to lead to a cancellation. They cancelled the Kilo in the sprint track nationals because of rain and it's being held on Saturday afternoon, again weather-permitting.
Other than to say thoughts go out to all involved, and I'll refrain from saying anything else while there's an investigation ongoing.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@tyred - surely you could step in as cover whilst waiting their arrival? :whistle:

Top Bottom