Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
5 Hedgehogs in the garden all at the same time!

After getting steadily more like an oven all day, the weather has finally broken and it's absolutely hooning it down

Okay I was wrong; that was the rain getting going; now it's hooning it down...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This evening's been spent prepping for the Irish track nationals, being held in Dublin 26/27 August. We're travelling over tomorrow where son no. 2's competing in the 4K Pursuit, Keirin, Scratch and Sprint events. They are all Senior Men/Women only, with no Under-23's, so he'll find it quite a bit more of a challenge. Track Cycling Ireland are organising the event - http://www.trackcycling.ie/?p=11079 - which is at the Sundrive velodrome in Dublin. That's an outdoor one as there aren't any indoor velodromes in Ireland yet.
Unfortunately it looks like a :rain: weekend, rather than :sun: . We need it to be :sun: for track racing to be permitted.

We've got to squeeze two track bikes, rollers, three spare wheels (front track disc, deep section wheelset), tools, clothes, kit bags, two helmets (TT and road), gazebo, chairs, food all into my Honda. I'd not booked a roof carrier and am not keen on having the track bikes on the roof anyway due to rain and potential damage to the rear disc wheels and front 5-spoke my son has.

Last edited:
This evening's been spent prepping for the Irish track nationals, being held in Dublin 26/27 August. We're travelling over tomorrow where son no. 2's competing in the 4K Pursuit, Keirin, Scratch and Sprint events. They are all Senior Men/Women only, with no Under-23's, so he'll find it quite a bit more of a challenge.
Unfortunately it looks like a :rain: weekend, rather than :sun: . We need it to be :sun: for track racing to be permitted.

We've got to squeeze two track bikes, rollers, three spare wheels (front track disc, deep section wheelset), tools, clothes, kit bags, two helmets (TT and road), gazebo, chairs, food all into my Honda. I'd not booked a roof carrier and am not keen on having the track bikes on the roof anyway due to rain and potential damage to the rear disc wheels and front 5-spoke my son has.

Outdoor velodrome, huh?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Outdoor velodrome, huh?

Outdoors and in a dodgy part of Dublin. We're staying about 45 minutes south of the city partly because of the possibility of having the bikes and kit stolen, partly because we didn't get round to booking things until very late on. We're staying in the converted garage - to two floors - of a million €+ house with it's own tennis court. Just why they need to do AirBnB I don't know?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
This evening's been spent prepping for the Irish track nationals, being held in Dublin 26/27 August. We're travelling over tomorrow where son no. 2's competing in the 4K Pursuit, Keirin, Scratch and Sprint events. They are all Senior Men/Women only, with no Under-23's, so he'll find it quite a bit more of a challenge. Track Cycling Ireland are organising the event - http://www.trackcycling.ie/?p=11079 - which is at the Sundrive velodrome in Dublin. That's an outdoor one as there aren't any indoor velodromes in Ireland yet.

Did you hear of the two dead in the Cork Triathlon, that you didn't have time to do?
Apparently both deaths were in the swimming part of the event, which went ahead despite the weather warnings in place.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Mull is now swamped by English incomers who have no regard for tradition and assume everything is like wherever they came from and see no reason to change that.
If you do ever decide to cancel Christmas, could I rent the cottage opposite for that couple of weeks. I promise to park neatly off road and to put out the bins in the correct place :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom