Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Second cuppa went down well with a slice of toast and lemon curd

Live dangerously Spread Marmite 😝😝😝

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A frustrating day. Started rainy but then cleared up with sunshine.
Took the opportunity to go and dig up some potatoes I did not plant but failed to clear out the border properly last season so got another crop.
About midday decided a walk was a better bet than getting the trike out but as soon as I left the house it started pouring rain. Stair rods and not the gentle stuff we had recently.
Back home and fell asleep which I hate doing as I feel dreadful when I waken and it takes me ages to get sorted.
Pottered about a bit and then the sun came back but too late to bother going anywhere.

MV Loch Frisa back in service at 1000 but if you were booked on the earlier one that is no help. However the good news is that the passenger lift on MV Isle of Mull is back working again.

While down through the town the street is as bad as ever with people wandering around as tho' it was a pedestrian only zone and vehicles passing each other with an inch clearance. No parking space anywhere.
I did see what looked very like my old motorhome so had to go back and check the number plate. Not mine but McLouis Lagan is not a common model. Very spacious inside and just under 6 metres which comes under car rates on the ferry. Slightly wide but I coped ok with that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Found 212 euros when looking for an Italian map. Bonus

1692897198257.png

Had a lovely ride on Wiggy #2, the Chartres, about 12 miles in total. The intended foraging trip was a bust - the area where I spotted that large stand of hazel bushes last autumn has been fenced off, so I can't get to them. Botheration.

So I extended my ride so that I could check out one of the walnut trees I forage from. It's the one that's the most out-of-the-way, so as I was in the area, I could just as well. It's got a crop - not a massive one - but worth going back for. Did have a bonus moment on the way home, as I spotted another walnut tree in a hedgerow. How I've never noticed it before, I'll never know! There's nothing on it (I stopped to look) but I'll add it to my "pool" of trees.

Gear issue is *mostly* sorted. It's a heck of a lot better than what it was, but a few changes were still a bit sticky. I shall have another crack at nipping up the cable again (will use pliers to get a bit more tension) and will squirt a bit of GT85 into the outer.

Now chilling with a nice :cuppa: and watching some athletics.

Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

Mike_P

Guru
Sh**ty end to WFH with an email from an admin person I doubt I have met enquiring where I was with a report due tomorrow. Nice if someone had told me early. So thats going to be a candidate for the world's shortest report.
Walked to Aldi via B&Q where I looked for a small storage box. Found a lid the right size but as for what it fitted to...
Quickly found fault with the new self service tills in Aldi; the place where you put the goods down after scanning cannot detect a pack of AA batteries (and hence AAAs as well I presume), so promptly locking the till up until an assistant has turned up to sort it out.

Top Bottom