Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
The weekend before last my, cheapo Flymo packed up. Specifically the pistol trigger was failing to trigger.

Despite being a cheapy it has served me well and I decided to see if it was possible to obtain a replacement part.

The answer was yes and it arrived yesterday.

I will write again when I fit it.

You can fix those. Well I have fixed one. Just need to find a replacement for the switch inside the mechanism.

Well worked on mine. Still a rubbish mower.

Gwylan

Veteran
You can fix those. Well I have fixed one. Just need to find a replacement for the switch inside the mechanism.

Well worked on mine. Still a rubbish mower.

Read all the post, Gwylan!!

tom73

Guru
Replaced the o-ring on my chilly bottle see if that stops it leaking and keeps hot drinks, hot enough to have a chance to drink them.
Cleaning out my flasks too they are not great either , Thermos are crafty you can't just by the o-rings. You have to buy the whole stopper ok if they still make the one you need.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No, you have to buy tickets. £25 from a tourist office or any MacDonald outlet. But you need a return ticket authenticated with your ferry time.
Because of fraud only paper tickets, not available on line.

To be slightly serious the nearest MacDonalds is possibly Ft Bill 60 miles away or possibly Inverness 100 miles.
Ferry tickets do have the time and date on them and if you do not turn up at the appointed time they are forfeit.
You are expected to have tickets on your phone ( you do have a smart phone?) but you can print thrm out yourself if you have a good enough printer for the QR code.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1692872170964.png

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well with a slice of toast and lemon curd

Mike_P

Guru
The expected parcel of yesterday was brought by postie today; a custom made 3d printed battery holder for my 10 Sportscam batteries.
Hopefully no more hunting for where one or two have gone and it's dispensing form should mean they get used more equally.
Only last an hour at the highest resolution so a long ride requires a number, more so if I fit a rear facing camera as well.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
No worries, she'd got up to go to the loo, then gone back to the back room.

Ambulance has taken her off now, with blues and twos going. Without going too deeply into stuff, there's apparently a preexisting and diagnosed condition involved, so hopefully she gets her meds sorted out shortly term and whatever she needs long term (though that might take a while at present).

As so the bloke complaining about the ambulance, I pray for two things: that I never end up like him, and that his next sh1t is a hedgehog.

I'm happy to relate that the lady involved is back at work and right as rain again.

I told her what the old git said about the ambulance...

Top Bottom