Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never went to Sunday School. Always felt that the five days from Monday to Friday were enough time. If they couldn't teach me enough in those five days a week, what could be done on Sundays.

Same here! There is so much more you can explore and do when you are children playing around in the fields . Discovering different animals and birds , getting stung by stinging nettles, mud twanging . Most of these activities could also be done in the week but it gave us the opportunity to play more .

tom73

Guru
Same here! There is so much more you can explore and do when you are children playing around in the fields . Discovering different animals and birds , getting stung by stinging nettles, mud twanging . Most of these activities could also be done in the week but it gave us the opportunity to play more .

That was the whole point of Sunday school it was to allow the adults to "play" more.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning all from bright, sunny & warm Suffolk. Up and about before the recycling bins were emptied so I quickly moved mine round to the front of the house to be done while the kettle was boiling for the morning cuppa. A train ticket has been purchased so I'm off to Ely for a bike ride to Cambridge & back in about an hour.

I was thinking of some of the things we used to get up to when we were children . We found newts in ponds , 3 Spine Sticklebacks in the brooks. We found Slow worms and Moles underneath sheets of corrugated steel sheets lying around in the fields. We found lots of horse skulls and jaw bones in a small copse . One of my friends said that it was Black Market ! We didn't have a clue what that meant . Thinking back ,it was an isolated copse well away from our houses and farms. Could been used to supply an American army camp in the war.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Grilled (home-grown) tomatoes in toast for breakfast today.

Edit: Bonnie had the ends & the skins of the 🍅 as she loves them... 🐶

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Heavy rain forecast so the projected gardening is out. The border beside my front path is a disgrace but cannot be too severe as there are lots of snowdrops in season and the daffodils and bluebells.
Strange, I got another set of brake pads for the trike and the original ones are still in hiding. I expected them to pop out as soon as the new ones arrived.
Now I need to go down the town to try to get parked and collect meds tho' thankfully that is not too urgent.
First however I have to shift some wheely bins blocking my car and a neighbour's car as well.
The infernal holiday house have put out 3 bins of which one will be emptied sometime later this week and the rest in another week or two.
They clearly give not a toss about those who live here and wonder why they are disliked. The owner does not live here so there is no profit to the island and I have never noticed anybody doing cleaning either. The owner appears from time to time to cut the grass and burn rubbish which deposits loads of ash on the neighbouring cars.
I just want a quiet life without the hassle of having to defend myself against the uncaring and antisocial touroid.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My asthma inhaler had run out this morning/yesterday at some point, so I went to get a fresh one. Normally when I'm on the final inhaler I order a new one, basically so I stay breathing.

Only there wasn't one. It looks like the previous one ran out whilst we were in Montenegro and I've forgotten to re-order. Or SWMBO has hidden it in the hope of claiming on the life insurance.

Either way I've a few days of being careful. Which starts this morning with a - now steady - bike ride.

If it doesn't work it's been nice knowing you all ...

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My asthma inhaler had run out this morning/yesterday at some point, so I went to get a fresh one. Normally when I'm on the final inhaler I order a new one, basically so I stay breathing.

Only there wasn't one. It looks like the previous one ran out whilst we were in Montenegro and I've forgotten to re-order. Or SWMBO has hidden it in the hope of claiming on the life insurance.

Either way I've a few days of being careful. Which starts this morning with a - now steady - bike ride.

If it doesn't work it's been nice knowing you all ...

Can you not get emergency inhalers over the counter? I'm sure people will be running out all the time.

Top Bottom