Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
To be fair, the best bit was when they sold tubes of Smarties at the end to help raise funds for the church. 😆
Tube of Smarties! I could get them by the 1/2lb bag for less than a tube of Smarties.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, but those were 👹🔥🔥🔥THE DEVIL'S SMARTIES!! 🔥🔥🔥👹

😆
@classic33 And I bet they tasted better too, didn't they?
They came from the same machines, in the same room, the ones in a tube came from.
After the second bag, there were little way of telling if there were any difference in the first place.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have to go on a course to learn about driving trucks, tomorrow.
Could everyone send messages after lunch to keep me awake, please 😔

I have been on courses like that and after a good lunch you could hear the snoring. Fortunately the organisers had the sense to put the non important bits on then. Must have been a bit dispiriting for the lecturers tho'. :sad:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
They came from the same machines, in the same room, the ones in a tube came from.
After the second bag, there were little way of telling if there were any difference in the first place.

In my defence, I was about 6 and didn't have to buy them anyway!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Managed to get a little garden weeding done this morning before the rain came.
I can cycle for a few hours with no problem but on my hands and knees for an hour pulling weeds and clearing up I am knackered.
Still quite a bit to do but at least it is a start and an incentive to continue when weather permits.

The offending wheely bins have vanished from the street. No idea why but I suspect the other car owner blocked has been having "words" as on the last occasion this happened she was not happy and threatened then to take direct action. I just shoved them into an untidy heap but I doubt they would even have noticed far less shift them.

Got parked to collect my stuff from the chemist and remarked to the woman behind the counter that this was my third attempt. She said she had given up bringing her car down to work as even first thing now there was nowhere to park. Her husband who is self employed brings her down to work and collects her when she has finished. She does live up the top of the town and it is a steep unrelenting climb after a day's work.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have been on courses like that and after a good lunch you could hear the snoring. Fortunately the organisers had the sense to put the non important bits on then. Must have been a bit dispiriting for the lecturers tho'. :sad:

This is a legal requirement to keep HGV entitlement on a driving licence.. 35 classroom hours on a 5 year rolling period.
Still tedious, though 😂

Top Bottom