Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a fabby day yesterday stewarding at the Tabby, Lilac & Caramel Siamese shows yesterday. Got to cuddle some super household pets. Also ended up being asked to steward for Best in Show - really stoked about that, because the other two stewards have about seven decades of cat handling experience between them, and I'm just a household pet person. Mind, I just love cuddling cats, and my take home cat of the day was the super tortie point Siamese girl I handled in BIS - she just purred her little head off and was making biscuits on my arm.

Also asked around re potential cats looking for homes, as I'm thinking of getting a rescue / retired queen to join Madam Lexi. I really like the Oriental temperament and I think an older cat (between 3 to 5 years old) would fit in well here. Not sure I'd want a kitten, since Lexi is eleven and it all might be a bit much for her. Swapped contact details with a few people, so we'll see where this goes.

Had a quiet day today, culminating in a nice bicycular bimble to the community orchard. The early plums are all gone now, and the four greengage trees have largely been well picked over. Although I still managed to find enough fruit on them for both me and a friend. What's left on those is both not yet ripe and well out of reach, so it would be a ladder job. The mid-season plums are starting to turn red, but still need a good week or so on the tree before they're ready.

Lovely supper this evening of home-grown tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and bread & butter.

Mike_P

Guru
Used up the excess excessive decorative chippings in the front border; should make it easier to spot the invading whatever from the neighbours unkept frontage
Mows the lawn but does nothing about weeds growing up next to the front door steps. He did break his arm earlier in the year and I did cut his front as a friendly gesture and attacked the weeds with the strimmer but they are back in vengeance.

We have been hedge trimming today. We went round to our neighbours to cut their side . It was a bit awkward as we were trying to leave the hazel nuts on the hedge . We had fun later stripping off the leaves of the branches we cut off to go in our compost bin . It was exceedingly hot in the sun at about 3.30 to 4 o'clock .

You could just as well have picked the nuts, as it's pretty well much the season for filberts once you get halfway through August. Just spread them out on a tray to dry - and turn brown.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another nice & relaxing day sat in the sunshine snacking, drinking coffee and squash & watching motor racing. The weather's looking just as good for tomorrow's day out, just got to get up in time & decide which bike to use.

You could just as well have picked the nuts, as it's pretty well much the season for filberts once you get halfway through August. Just spread them out on a tray to dry - and turn brown.

I quite like them green .
I think our neighbour wants them left on his side so that they can pick them . A few got popped off accidentally . They are crafty little bu993rs hiding away!

Top Bottom