Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Monday this week I was committed to 2 weeks of jury service
Monday, we spent all day in a waiting room , for whatever reason, no cases.
Tuesday, half of us were required to turn up, sent home 1 hour later, for whatever reason .no case.
At the same time we were told, no cases for the rest if the week, don't come back till Monday next week.
Just had a text, you are fully discharged from jury service, you no longer have to attend.

Result.

Mrs 73 starts jury service early next month.
My uncle did jury service turned out to be a murder trial which at that time we still had the death penalty.

classic33

Leg End Member
I was expecting Yorkshires from you!
That'd be 12 Yorkshire's, approximately.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Despite the weather forecasts, it's stayed dry here so far. Did a load of washing this morning and put it on the line to dry while I went out shopping - by the time I got home and had a shower it was completely dry so was brough in and ironed before being put in the wardrobe. Which was a good thing as, what with being out all day on Sunday and (hopefully if the weather holds) on Monday as well, I've not got a lot of time for domestics this weekend.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I retired three months ago and maybe because I keep busy, but don't have a regular pattern of what I do when, I sometimes lose track of which day is which. :wacko:
Probably a lot to do with being in a routine; set work days etc., helps keep track of which day is which. :whistle:

35+ years of shift work & weekend working with rest days during the week is a good way to loose track of what day it is.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mrs 73 starts jury service early next month.
My uncle did jury service turned out to be a murder trial which at that time we still had the death penalty.

I gave evidence in a murder trail 17 years ago. The accused had come looking for me 12 years earlier, knocking on my door at 3 am demanding to be let into my home. I slammed the door shut on him, which probably saved my life! After being found guilty of the murder of a local dodgy dealer business man, he was sentenced to a minimum of 20 years.

Top Bottom