Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
You have an eight day week!

... a pesimist said.
While an optimist inside me says - "I have a 12 day week holidays!"

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Home now a nice 16 miles
First cuppa brewing
Blackberries foraged along the ride are soaking in clean water

IMG_20230819_074319726.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Ebike unconfused, Waitrose today and the second slowest time on the only Strava segment on the outbound route due to encountering a much missed former work colleague. Think the slowest was for the same reason. Sunny with some threatening clouds doing nothing and a wind that meant the ebike assist was used in places it normally is off.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Gales here and reports of trees down in various parts of Argyll.

One thing I detest doing is fighting utility companies.
OVO increased my direct debit by 50% so I got them to reduce that a bit but now they have quietly increased it again. Need to leave it till next week when I may just manage to contact them the same day I start as the phones are probably busier at weekends.
BT allegedly want me to verify my account by just clicking on a link. Looks genuine but I am reluctant to click on anything unknown.
Anybody else got this demand?
The lift on MV Isle of Mull is back out of use again and passengers needing a lift should travel by a different ferry. They fail to tell us how to get a booking on an already fully booked ferry.
I need to go and empty the washing machine and get some coffee on the go.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

OVO increased my direct debit by 50% so I got them to reduce that a bit but now they have quietly increased it again. Need to leave it till next week when I may just manage to contact them the same day I start as the phones are probably busier at weekends.
BT allegedly want me to verify my account by just clicking on a link. Looks genuine but I am reluctant to click on anything unknown.
The lift on MV Isle of Mull is back out of use again and passengers needing a lift should travel by a different ferry. They fail to tell us how to get a booking on an already fully booked ferry.

I've not had such an email, but would also be dubious about clicking anything like that, too. Have you got a login to the official BT site to check if it's 'real'.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Sounds like a potential scam to me, BT don't do 5hit like that

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a sunny but breezy Suffolk where a lie in just listening to the radio means that the first coffee of the day has only just been finished. There were a few rumbles of thunder to go with the very heavy rain last night and I suspect that some of the back roads I use will still be under water or be very muddy/sandy with field run off when I go out later.

Top Bottom