Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've not had such an email, but would also be dubious about clicking anything like that, too. Have you got a login to the official BT site to check if it's 'real'.

Interesting to find it is indeed a known scam. I have been bombarded recently with demands to continue my Macfee a/c which I do not have. :headshake:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It would appear to be a long standing scam which BT are aware of.
In BT's words:
In future be aware that BT will never ask you to update your account. You should not click on any links in unsolicited emails especially if they want you to verify anything such as email accounts or bank accounts.
(Off the BT community site.)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In BT's words:
In future be aware that BT will never ask you to update your account. You should not click on any links in unsolicited emails especially if they want you to verify anything such as email accounts or bank accounts.
(Off the BT community site.)

Thanks. In addition I did check the senders address which is not BT.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We've had telephone calls from somebody 'Indian' who claims to work for British Telecom............there has not been a company called 'British Telecom' for over 30 years (they're called BT, remember the adverts with Maureen Lipmann) so I keep them talking for as long as possible to waste their time and stop them trying to scam someone else. One of the common ones is "someone is using your internet connection" so if I answer the phone I try to keep them talking but Maz just says "well good luck to them" and ends the call but I continue talking to the scammers for as long as possible

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have reduced the photo I was having problems with but the quality has suffered.
This is a route I did on Thursday and this is the smoothest bit. Too much is like the surface on the extreme left and has to be taken slow with potential damage to tyres.

F57CEB58-D216-4CB5-BFD8-C4341BF4452B.png

Mike_P

Guru
Car moved, first time for over a week but then it was needed for three bags of decorative chippings to put in the outdoor plant containers to hopefully stop weeds. At a pinch I could have got away with two but three had a saving of almost half the price of one. Had thought the excess could be added to those in the corner of the garden but I had bought Cotswold and they seem to be limestone.

gbb

Squire
Spread mums ashes this morning over the spot where dad's were spread 9 years ago. Ironically, while it has symbolic meaning....there's probably been hundreds of other people's ashes spread in the same area in the years between them.
A small family gathering, nice weather in nice surroundings and a nice bit of chit chat. After, we all went across with my deceased brothers widow and spent a little time at his memorial, again, just nice and relaxed.

Oh, and I got the ashes on my shoes....again.

gbb

Squire
Who else is thinking Sunday morning at 11am will be a great time to ride the road bike ? :laugh:

I remember years ago we had decided off the cuff to take some of the grandkids to Gullivers World near MK. As we drove down the A1 I thought, eh ?...it's so quiet.
Being Saturday I was also convinced the park would be heaving when we got there....eh? It was sooo quiet, no queues, nothing.

Then it dawned on me....it was an England World Cup match. Doh.....

gbb

Squire
Yesterday's work went like this....
My manager tasked me with a specific job.
I had to break off to assist a new guy with a breakdown, then attend a production meeting.
Manager then asked me to assist with a survey of all the bearings on a specific new line of machinery, quantity, type, accessibility etc etc.
Broke off that to assist with another breakdown
Back to the second job, broke off when manager asked me to assist him with some Allen keys.
Arrived, he decided we would go and look at an assessment he was creating on criticality, failure modes etc.
Broke off that to attend a pre booked trial of some new fruit.

Never did complete the first job....nor the second, nor the third.

And such is my day to day life at work.

Top Bottom