Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been going through a stash of Autosports from 1990. Found the National Racing preview booklet, so I now have the dates for all of that year's Honda CRX Challenge rounds.
What years are you interested in?

What years are you interested in?

Just 1990.

I have the whole year's Autosports in a box (I think, maybe one or two missing), along with the aforementioned meeting dates, so I can chase down all the reports. I have the reports for the four races that I *know* Paul did, but I also want to work out who else raced the second Derek Warwick Honda-run car, whether Paul did any other races outside of the four that I know about, and whether the team ran two cars all season long. IIRC Roland Dane was ever-present in the #12 car.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just 1990.

I have the whole year's Autosports in a box (I think, maybe one or two missing), along with the aforementioned meeting dates, so I can chase down all the reports. I have the reports for the four races that I *know* Paul did, but I also want to work out who else raced the second Derek Warwick Honda-run car, whether Paul did any other races outside of the four that I know about, and whether the team ran two cars all season long. IIRC Roland Dane was ever-present in the #12 car.
They occasionally appear, by box loads*, at an auctioneers I go to. I'll try sneaking some photos if I see anything.

* Five years worth of more than one publication is a normal lot size.

They occasionally appear, by box loads*, at an auctioneers I go to. I'll try sneaking some photos if I see anything.

* Five years worth of more than one publication is a normal lot size.

Appreciate the offer, but don't worry about it xxx :hugs: My mate with the bookshop has stacks of the things in his stock room, and I can plug any gaps that way.

This was a box was part of a lot that I bagged locally to look stuff up because I can't actually *get* to my own copies without moving half the house first! The downside of having far too many books and magazines... :blush:

Apropos the CRX Challenge, I've added another one at Mallory Park to my list of races that Paul did.

Out of 12 rounds that year, Paul did five, Robin Brundle did four, I've got Derek down as doing one and two I don't know. Of the two unknowns, one of them clashed with a round of the British F3 championship, so Paul wouldn't have raced there and most likely Robin was in the car.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
It's Tuesday and I am just awake
Blue skies and dry

Top Bottom