Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I agree as some times they portray night scenes to well and you can't see what is going on !

Why was CSI always in a dark room ?
"Have you seen my pen?"
"Damn! " "I've stubbed my toe!" "Who left that body there?". :whistle:

I was referring to the intelligence quota of the programme, rather than the lighting, obvs I was way too subtitle subtle. ^_^

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Back from walk into town. Popped into Wilkos to see if they had stainless steel gear cables, but they only had galvanised. Popped into Boots to get some lip protection, hoping for SPF 50, but they only had SPF 30. Popped to railway station to pick up some tickets. Whenever I’ve tried on day of travel either queue for machines or they are not working or combination. Time for a cup of green tea 🍵

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Back from walk into town. Popped into Wilkos to see if they had stainless steel gear cables, but they only had galvanised. Popped into Boots to get some lip protection, hoping for SPF 50, but they only had SPF 30. Popped to railway station to pick up some tickets. Whenever I’ve tried on day of travel either queue for machines or they are not working or combination. Time for a cup of green tea 🍵

Yep Wilko is closing down (well it's in 'administration' for now) Shame really as it is a great Leicester company.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Calmac’s text messaging service can be a bit of a pain sometimes.
The 1210 from Craignure will be delayed by at least 30 minutes as somebody has blocked the toilets again ( I paraphrase).
Five minutes later another ping. This means the ferry will arrive in Oban at least 30 minutes late.
Another five minutes and we are told this will have a knock on effect as the other ferry cannot dock.
So it goes on. Why not just put the lot in one message instead of spinning it out as long as possible?

Blustery, occasionally sunny and occasionally showery here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Spent the morning making notes for the chapter of the novel that I'm working on, just to develop the bits I was writing last night. Some of this will have ramifications later on in the story, so I need to get it right. I've also sorted out the contents of the two large boxes that were in the boot of my old Fabia. It's crazy how much junk ended up in there.

So far, I have rediscovered several scatter cushions, two coats (both belonging to the parental unit), a pair of my winter gloves, a torch, a pair of tweezers, two pairs of driving shoes, a large crocheted blanket and a spare fuel filler cap.

Speaking of, there's a knack to opening the Rapid's fuel filler cap and it's currently both a) flummoxed me and b) defeated me. The chap at the garage made it look so easy. :blush:

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

That's a hazy beer! DIPA?

I was told we were not drinking IPAs

tom73

Guru
Blustery, occasionally sunny and occasionally showery here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Spent the morning making notes for the chapter of the novel that I'm working on, just to develop the bits I was writing last night. Some of this will have ramifications later on in the story, so I need to get it right. I've also sorted out the contents of the two large boxes that were in the boot of my old Fabia. It's crazy how much junk ended up in there.

So far, I have rediscovered several scatter cushions, two coats (both belonging to the parental unit), a pair of my winter gloves, a torch, a pair of tweezers, two pairs of driving shoes, a large crocheted blanket and a spare fuel filler cap.

Speaking of, there's a knack to opening the Rapid's fuel filler cap and it's currently both a) flummoxed me and b) defeated me. The chap at the garage made it look so easy. :blush:

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

Our Aygo filler cap is a bit like that takes a bit of practice.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I watched the weather forecast for today and, fortunately, didn't believe it so rode, rather than drove, to t'other side of town for a chat with granddaughter re our upcoming day out this coming weekend.
It didn't rain but was very breezy!
I stopped at Bewiched drive through for a Hot Choccy as they're quite happy to serve cyclists (as opposed to KFC & Macwhotsits)

Top Bottom