Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Lovely day out in Bakewell only little problem was a couple who thought it was fine to push in when getting on the bus.
We arrived long before anyone else so I told them get in the queue. Just ignored me and pushed in. They maybe eastern european but spoke and understood english to ask the Driver times and stuff. One thing for sure they will be thinking till next christmas as to want I called them in broad Yorkshire.
Turned out they showed up shoved in front of us trying to get on the train home. Made sure we got on before they had a chance to do it twice.

classic33

Leg End Member
Thank you. :cuppa:

View: https://youtu.be/bXxYI9I68P4

That's today's earworm sorted, thank you, could be worse :rain: I think I jinxed the weather by putting the hammocks back out two days ago.

Yorkshire decaff is the main breakfast tea chez Hebe, sometimes I live dangerously with Twinings English Breakfast.

Hebe junior comes back home from her holiday with Hebe boyfriend and his family today. I have missed her insanely.

That video only gets two hits on google.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-12-20-33-39.png
    Screenshot_2023-08-12-20-33-39.png
    16 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Come back April next year, you'll be needed then.

I'll send my rates by PM.

Actually, I'm probably coming over before Easter for various reasons (I have a number of admin things to deal with but I'm hoping to get a day at the railway exhibition) so expect rain, hail, typhoons, sleet, hurricanes, snow and floods in York, especially as I'm likely to bring a bike...

classic33

Leg End Member
Disclaimer: I give as good as I get in these exchanges. In fact being able to give and take this in an environment of underlying respect and trust is why I'm trying not to leave this company.
T'is always better to give than receive.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
90th birthday party done - the average age of the guests was well over 70. Some hadn't seen each other for decades. It was a bit of fun with them trying to work out who was who. And who fancied who when they were teenagers. Particularly as they were almost all from the same rural Co Cavan area.

I was there as chauffeur for SWMBO and chaperone to my father-in-law, who was a sprightly (but slow-moving) 84.

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently, due to it's very specific diet; fish and more fish, a cormorant has to catch it's own bodyweight of fish every day to survive. :eek:
Now imagine if humans had to do that; about sixty plus kg. of food every day - ? :wacko:
Wow - ! :laugh:
No, imagine that an amount that it eats(5lb - 6lb daily) has to fall at some time.
Just try to avoid being under it when it does drop!

Gwylan

Veteran
O
Nothing to do with any politician. The Kerrera Marina is miles away at Oban.
Crown Estate Scotland owns the seabed and blackmailed us in Tobermory into forming a Moorings Committee to lay and charge for moorings which were previously free to all. If we did not do this they would levy much higher charges themselves to individual boat owners.
This led on to pontoons which have grown into the present marina. This is a community organisation which has become a business run by a committee of local volunteers who employ workers.
I was a member of the original organisation but retired some years ago.

Edit. I have reread your post and did not realise initially you were referring to Oban.
The local shopkeeping mafia in Oban ( yes really) have been agitating for years to get boats tied up near the town to get more money from them. It is certainly more convenient for shopping rather than taking a ferry across to Kerrera. For winter storage I think Kerrera is still the favoured place.

OH my. Anyone else remember Clochemerle?

Good yellow stickering in Tesco tonight.

Picked up a "finest" gammon, a load of "finest" chicken breasts, turkey steaks, tuna, Polish sausage, pate, new potatoes, watercress, baby corn, broccoli, tomatoes, beetroot, nectarines and a job lot of blueberries.

Someone (a tesco staff member doing their own shopping) walked off with my whole trolley, but it turned out it was a case of mistaken identity. Much hilarity ensued.

Top Bottom