Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I might suggest Hindemith's Symphonic Metamophosis on Themes of Carl Maria von Weber.
I remember playing that when I was section leader of the basses in the London Schools Symphony and that was 50 years ago. Very easy to get lost when the fugal key changes got really complicated. I'm not sure I ever managed to get through it once without a "where am I?" moment.

if I go to bed early I won't eat any more calories
if I stay up, I'm likely to nibble on something
sleep is good for weight loss
& just "retiring" for the evening, helps stop my eating

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
A bowl of mixed fruit with honey poured over the top along with fruit and fibre cereal should get me started.

Morning .
I will be going out for a ride with my friends later this morning.
Yesterday I went to the Swindon and Wiltshire Heritage Centre to try to do some research on the area where I was born. Although I didn't find anything which I was looking into I did find some interesting things about the area . I found out that Tithe maps are on line so that people can see them . It was interesting to see on the earliest map of 1840 the construction of the GWR mainline from London to Bristol. I grew up next to that embankment and often went up and slid down it . As well as carrying trains for years it also provided fun for children using it for tobogganing!

...also found that one of my clients hasn't had a contract from the Job Centre renewed because "The person responsible is on holiday and their stand-in doesn't know about it" If I said what I think of them the Mods would have a meltdown but considering the influence they have on vulnerable people, and for the salary they get I'd expect them to be a lot more professional than this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom