Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_3177.JPG

New oven works OK 👌

Page is back on a binary number again. 22 to be precise.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Final Written or straight to Gross Misconduct? 🤔

I think we should be a little lenient as he voluntarily admitted his error.

(I have berry-scented screenwash. I use it as an air freshener.)

oldwheels

Legendary Member
More interesting day than my usual.
Slight smirr of rain early on but sun out soon after and a hot day which is not really the best for travelling. Ferry not busy with passengers tho’ car deck packed.
At the Craignure terminal public toilet block there are 4 marked car spaces with 2 of them marked for blue badge holders. As these were continually misused being the nearest to the office they got round this by shifting them further away from the office. :wacko:
I noticed that 2 post office drivers went to get the vans off the incoming ferry but another one had to be left to guard the parking spaces to keep the touroid out of them.
Traffic in Oban is as bad as Tobermory but just more of it and it took me 30 minutes to get a mile into town from Audiology where I left my hearing aid to get fixed.
Did go to T—-co where some unfortunate person was on the pavement near the exit with what looked like an epileptic seizure. Three people attending and ones from a works van who seemed to know exactly what to do and were coping ok.
Skipped Lidl as it would have taken an age to get back out tho’ drivers here are pretty good at letting you out of such places by hanging back and waving you out. The general practice seems to be to let one vehicle out and when nearly everybody does this it keeps things moving.
Son has gone off out with the local cycling club. He is off to Ireland next week for an Ironman event.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A belated good evening from a very wet and miserable Suffolk. The day started off grey, overcast & cold and progressed as far as grey overcast, cold & rainy and then gave up. Busy day at work due to having to visit a couple of remote warehouses in the Suffolk/Norfolk border area and then dealing with the backlog of routine stuff when we got back.

One bright spot from the day was getting in to the office this morning and finding that someone had left a large slice of Colin the Caterpiller cake* for me which went down well with the first cuppa of the day before heading out.

*Not the end bit with the extra chocolate 'though - jokingly referred to as Colin's Colon!

Top Bottom