Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Magpies

Monday morning - sunrise like clockwork just after 7am every day of the year. Singapore's National Day celebrating their nationhood on August 9 (wait for it, 1965) falls later this week. Incredible to think that this modern city is not yet 60 years old.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks like a showery day and not very warm at this time of the morning.
The only thing I need to do today is gather stuff together for a short trip off island. Even for a short trip it is necessary to carry more than really needed in case of not getting back home on schedule.
On one occasion I went off for a routine CT scan and did not get home for a couple of weeks as got transported to Paisley hospital for a gall stone removal. Fortunately my son was home and could come to get my car from the hospital car park.
This time I really need to get home as there is a car MOT booked just after my return.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's being woken by the bins being emptied day. For the first time in a while it looks to be quite a pleasant day - partly cloudy, light winds and relatively warm (compared to what we've had for the past week anyhow). I just need to pop out this morning to get the food in for work this week and then the rest of the day will involve a bike ride, lunch & train home.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Oops - forgot about the 'action short of a strike' on the trains this week. This means that my preferred ride home for today's outing has been cancelled and the next one is the mainline job that requires cycles space booking so I've just managed to reserve a space. This will also cause problems on the other trip I like to do as it's reduced to a service every 2 hours instead of an hourly one this week, plus they're closing part of the line for 10 days from the middle of next week and bikes can't be carried on the rail replacement bus.

Top Bottom